Invading Ice (Crystal Caverns Partisan Quest) - Help

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eteract, Jul 24, 2023.

1. Eteract Journeyman

During the ToV era quest Invading Ice I am at a spot where I need to bring a live terror to the room near Andera Velmist. I cannot *capture* the terror and she offers no method to do so like she does in a previous step with the spider. I read that I need to get a second spider harness, however, she will not give me the quest again to craft another spider harness either.

My question: how do I capture the terror !?!?

I looked on EQResource, Alla's, and asked in general channels for a couple days for help before coming here.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Because you don't do the harness task again. I don't know if this is all the dialog or the hint is in the quest window description, but you kinda have to read in between the lines a bit to figure out what to do.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=9749
    You say, 'Hail, Andera Velmist'

Andera Velmist says, 'Good. I'll get to studying the spider you provided. It will also be useful to see why the terrors are not affected. So please [capture a terror]. Please the terror in the west room on the upper floor.'

You say, 'Fine. I'll capture a terror. It would have been nice to do both at once!

Again, head to Hursa Brightsteel and metion you must 'Capture a terror'. She will give you 'Crystal Terror Capture Harness

You say, 'Capture a terror.'

Hursa Brightsteel says, 'A terror now? Well. I'd try this harness. You'll probably want to weaken them before you try and place it. Good luck.'
    Yinla, Eteract and FYAD like this.
  3. Eteract Journeyman

<facepalm> I was asking Andera not Hursa. Sometimes the obvious things escape me. Thank you for not roasting me and for giving me the plain language infos. This is so embarrassing!!!
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

To be fair, that whole progression sequence in CC is just awful in general compared to the other zones in the expansion.