Kerrans unite!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mitsune, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Mitsune Elder

I think Darkpaw gave me a birthday present. We got a new Kerra skin.
    [IMG]
    Just wow! It's purrfect!
    [IMG]

Mitsune Foxfire, Vazaelle (Drinal)
    jeskola, Fenthen and Nniki like this.
  2. Mitsune Elder

3. Monkeychunks Augur

What is this? Is it an illusion? Hero's Forge? Where/how do you get it? TLP servers only? Sorry I have no idea what this is all about, please explain
    Fanra likes this.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

Yes, please do give more info!
  5. eqgamer Augur

Just checked and it's the new skin to Lon illusion: visage of the primal kerran. Looks good. I think it USED to look like a just a golden kerran with some skimpy bikini.
  6. gnomeboss Augur

7. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I have the Primal Kerran illusion on one of my alts. Sure enough, it looks like the one in the OP. It changed.
  8. Mitsune Elder

I got the skin is on the Primal Kerran illusion but it is also used on some of the Kerrans on Kerra isle now. Another detail that triggered my feline curiosity are the small graphic errors. At the knees and on the back one can see the fur coming through. This would imply that there is an "undressed" version and the armor is put on it hero's armor style. That seems rather odd for an npc skin, usually they have been one layer. So it is more like a playable race skin (but don't get your hopes up). So the big question is: Why the update? Usually the skins get an update when used for a new expansion.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

Not bad but looks to similar to the ratonga/chetari. The tail is much to long and is adapted in a bad angle and it does lack fur.
  10. Zipe The Healer

Kerran expansion confirmed?
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Good ole Bonzz comes thru again:

This is acquired via a specific one of the Legends of Norrath Marketplace cards as a possible 'Prize' item that can be converted into this actual illusion item. The 'Prize' version is tradeable, so you can possibly acquire that from other Players. This is the 'new' look of the Illusion, which at some point in time, was changed from the original look.

And someone else reported it July 15 but they have other friend's who have the same item and it did not change yet. Its been a recent change.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Looks like it would make a good necro.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am betting that they originally had intended it to look like this but they didn't have the space in the global file due to 32-bit limitations. Since we are 64-bit now, they can start adding some of these that were not possible in the past.

As for the layers, doesn't EQ2 have a Kerran PC race? Does it look similar to this? Alternatively, this could be the Devs planning on making some old and/or new illusions to be able to show HF and other armors.
  14. Hekaton Augur

it could also be they are working on something for future content and messed it up. the mask of sparks as of a couple of patches ago was summoning a completely different not in game gold and white arc worker. they just fixxed that recently to go back to the original model
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The reason that I do not think that is the case is because, the design does not look like the modern style. It looks more like what was coming out about the time that LoN would have still been in game as more than just the loot card packs.
  16. Hekaton Augur

another spitball is that the icon files for the next heritage crate went in (vah shir) could be the illusion item from it. i mean you're probably right but seems odd to just throw this illusion on an item thats not readily available and like 10+ years old unless the LON set cycles in
  17. Mitsune Elder

True, I can see that too. Maybe they have been done by the same artist.
  18. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I hope changing the look of illusions, doesn't become the norm. A lot of people spent good money obtaining them, because they like the way they look.

I have a few illusions which I would be greatly disappointed if they were changed. For example, I love the bixie illusion. All 4 of my mages have the bixie drone and the Queen Pelzia illusion. The Bixie Warfront and the EQ 2 bixies are horrible, they de-evolved and are more insect like.

Leave my illusions alone. If you want to bring in new illusions fine, just don't delete the old ones. Let us use them if we want to.
  19. Cadira Augur

I bet this is a slip up from the new expac! New expac based out of Odus?!
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. menown Augur