What's on your EQ QoL wishlist for 2023?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hobs, Jul 6, 2023.

1. Flib Spinetingle Apprentice

Move the Help button AWAY from the Close Window button on individual windows.
    Hobs and Nennius like this.
  2. Angahran Augur

Add a confirmation to the plot menu 'mail to owner' or better yet, let us disable it completely.
    Hobs and Nennius like this.
  3. Ozon Augur

Move the "use default UI" button far away from enter world button
    Hobs, Nennius, Knifen and 2 others like this.
  4. Obsidianne New Member

Sure I have a few ideas! Its more of a game wish list, haha. These are in an Obsidianne order of importance and I'm sure other people might even reverse that order lol.
    1. Make some of the housing tiles scale to a bigger sizes (many don't go big enough at all).

2. Make housing tiles like eq2 please, like moving water and stars and cool stuff! And just blue ones that look like the sky or ones that look like the ground!

3. Revamp the bazaar (just redo the whole thing)! I'm offering to code it for you at this point! Or since you own eq2 and 1 you could just steal their vendor system code. Honestly people would be so happy if you announced it as something with the new coming expansion!

4. More nimbus, illusions and mounts (what the heck man, I came back after nine years NINE years and there's really nothing new in there to buy!

5. Finish the UI - the overlapping inventory window is hard to tolerate guys. Lets get a toggle checkbox so we can choose to shut it off for now if possible please!

6. Change out what servers have xp bonuses and events. Typically people always play on the one server. However, if you did live server xp seperate from TLP it might bring people back to live now and then and remind them why it was fun too, or also encourage people to try TLP if they havent at a time they could catch up!

7. I don't think mercs should run away. That's just insult to injury for non boxing players, cmon!

8. Please fix some of your crazy inflated prices that just reflect sheer greed on the marketplace like the ability to use decorative armor in your game $15 per character, that is madness. At least do sales once in a while. The sales I see are on weird stuff and nothing that motivates me. Eq2 is doing a way better job in that sector! Lord of the Rings Online is a VERY good example of how to make people anxiously await sales like black friday each month!
  5. YesPLease New Member

Yes please. So laggy with 20 of each common and I sure don't want to click for HOURS... Maybe a few options for conversions like 3x3, 3x5, 5 x 5...
  6. Gigobyte Pretty Good Person

Honestly, as mentioned earlier. I would love to see the ability to hire multiple mercenaries at a time.
    - This could even be a temporary thing, and hirable outside of dungeons
    This comes from my enjoyment of lower-level content and not wanting to play TLP.

Give us the ability to pay by the hour/day/etc...
    Also, revamp the mercenary skill levels (all based upon level)
    - Apprentice (average player - Free)
    - Journeymen (good equipment/good skill - Small fee/equivalent to apprentice now)
    - Master (great equipment/great skill - Moderate fee/equivalent to journeymen now)
    - Ascendent (raid level equipment/amazing skill - Higher fee)
    Would be nice to have more mercenary equipment choice as well.
    Give us the ability to give them command, more specific commands and better than pets.
    - Where to stand and stay, "when" to attack (at what percentage),
    Give us more options to hire specific classes.
    - Tank = should be able to hire Warrior, Paladin, or SK
    - Priest = should be able to hire Cleric (great heals), Shaman (slows and heals), or Druids
    - Damage = should be able to hire Rogue (melee), Wizard (spells), or Ranger (ranged)

Druids and Wizards should be able to teleport you to locations that they can based upon their level.
    - Similar to how Clerics will resurrect you.
    - You could request it from them, like you do with the Magus in various zones.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Do you mean the ability to use multiple mercs at the same time such as having a tank and healer merc running at the same time?
  8. Gigobyte Pretty Good Person

Yes, this...exactly this!
    I already two box and definitely do NOT want to use third party programs for more played toons.
    - I can barely play the two at full capacity (most of the time it is 80% / 80% capacity).
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

If/then programming for mercs? Idk just something that passed through my mind.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

I don't know about allowing you to have more mercs but I like the idea of having a wizard merc work like magus where you can ask them to port to any wizard port location based on their level. That would make the wizard merc which is not used at high levels useful.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Windance Augur

Fairly low on the priority of QoL items but I'd like to see something done to make transferring Overseer Tetradachms (heirloom) between characters on your account easier.

Recently did a new shaman and went to buy ~55 McKenzie' Special Brews @ 1900/ea

No problem I'll just move over 105k of my 1,380k Overseer Tetradachms over. That's only 105 stacks ...

Honestly I think a global "stat squish" of all things Tetradachm by 10x or even 100x would be nice.
    Nennius likes this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'd rather see all currency just made to be account-wide as opposed to individual characters.

In the cases of raid currency or other stuff that requires progression/unlocks in order to use, you'd still have to do all of that work on all toons in order to make use of the currency, so I can't see what harm it would do.
    Rijacki, Allayna, Raccoo and 4 others like this.
  13. Theka Elder

How about being able to click a bag into house storage
    Raccoo, Hobs, Angahran and 2 others like this.
  14. Ozon Augur

AE Unending for tanks (read SKs)
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd like to be able to use other chars on my account as a mercenarys. I choose to play one of my chars and instead of hiring a merc you hire one of your own chars to assist the group.
    Dre., Stymie, Lothar and 2 others like this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This would provide more value to the legacy system that they added to Oakwynd
  17. Iven the Lunatic

An interesting idea but it should be limited to the look and PC name as it would cause balance problems and people would be even less motivated than they are already, to team up with other players anymore.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Aussieguy Lorekeeper

Make a raid finder, similar to WoW LFR system
    Hobs likes this.
  19. Drewie Augur

Always a good thing for sure, but it already runs flawlessly through both Steam and Bottles on my PC. I used to run it through Lutris until it broke at some point, didn't try again since moving to Steam. And I guess it also runs on Steam Deck ?
    Hobs likes this.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

Text prompt to say when someone got the raid instance. Im usually tabbed out in between events and sometimes they are already buffing before I realize we got the next dz. If there was a text prompt I could set a trigger for it.
    Hobs likes this.