Please Add a Click Through Players option

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by coltongrundy, Jul 19, 2023.

1. coltongrundy Augur

In Options > General there are 3 click through options:
    • Click Through Self
    • Click Through Mercs
    • Click Through Pets
    Please add a Click Through Players option. If I need to target another player I can click them in my group window; raid window; extended target window; target's target window; whatever key bind I have set for Cycle through nearest PCs, or Target nearest PC; or I can use /target <name>
    But I don't have any way to click a door or some other kind of object like the elevator button in pok, pok stones, tradeskill stations, etc when there's a pile of people standing in the way. It's even worse when I need to pick a lock and have my lock picks on my cursor and it opens a trade with some random jerk who won't get out of the way.
    Anyone who still wants to be able to target players by clicking on them can just leave Click Through Players turned off, but it would be a nice option for people who don't need to click on players to still be able to target them.
    Eaiana, Raccoo and Nennius like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

People forget they turn on click through pets and mercs as it is.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I can see this leading to a lot of complaints when people click to target someone and they can no longer do it because this option got turned on and they either forgot it or didn't know it got turned on.
  4. code-zero Augur

I remember on the April Fools Day when Stick Figures were introduced that there were clerics complaining that they couldn't click on the people they needed to heal. That was when I realized that those clerics were worse than I ever suspected that they were
  5. Angahran Augur

you can still enable that option :p
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Bernel Augur

What if alt-click meant only click on NPC and shift-click meant only click on PC? So rather than having to set a global flag, you could just do shift or alt click in a crowd when you needed that kind of accuracy.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That sounds interesting though I think you would need more options for things like player, pet, merc, other npc, object such as door or tradeskill container.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

That sounds like a detriment when you are also trying to hit keys for casting and trying to fast target during events.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

And then get frustrated when they spawn a banker or other vender and can't figure out why they can't use them.
  10. Celephane Augur

U
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Yeah, but it isn't really the same. I miss everything being stick figures.