Oakwynd Kunark Live?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Slaytan1c, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Slaytan1c New Member

Any idea when Kunark goes live on Oakwynd? Its the 20th, and I cant make Iksar chars yet. Any info would be great. Thank you.
  2. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

As per the usual timeframe, 3pm PST US give or take a few. Check your ingame /calendar for a localized time.
  3. •Obss• Journeyman

Will the level 50 exp bonus turn off immediately at that time too?
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

It would be safe to assume so, since the level cap will be 60.
  5. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

4PM Central, bonus modifiers turned off. Get your poopsocks stocked for Kunark, I love this expansion!
  6. Aziuno Augur

type /cale while in game.
  7. TacoTime! Journeyman

Why do people keep trolling with the 3pm EST nonsense?

Typical is 5pm EST + up to about 20 min or so of delay at times. (+1 hr per expac extra during multi expac cases, like PoP + LoY combo)
  8. TacoTime! Journeyman

That's /calendar for me right now (as an EST person)
  9. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

One, it's not trolling. Two, 3pm PST IS 5pm EST. Your ingame calendar uses your localized time. Therefor, I and anyone else that has said 3pm PST, is correct.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The expansion unlocks at 2PM PST/3PM MST/4PM CST/5PM EST as EST is 3 hours ahead of PST.
  11. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

LOL yep, math fail on my part, mea culpa. When did they change it from 3pm PST though? I recall ( incorrectly possibly) that is has historically been that time. Or is this yet another example of the Mandela Effect?
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As far as I know it has been that way for a good while now.
  13. Taladir Augur

As long as we're being pedantic about the time, it's actually 5PM EDT. We're in daylight time now.
  14. TacoTime! Journeyman

Ooops I missed PST for yours - plenty of people in the Hole last night were trying to present 3pm EST though.

But I can 100% understand why you would recall 3pm PST though, it's typically be a 2-3pm PST window that they present it as. Many opening within 5-6 min of 2pm PST (5pm EST) but a handful were at 6pm (3pm PST) EST or close to it - so for those that wanted to reliably plan a start, the latter was generally wise.
  15. TacoTime! Journeyman

For the states that still use it! I believe Florida where I'm at goes permanent EST in 2025? Something like that.

xDT is slowly but surely dying.

(And being that one of the switches is during my birthday week - I cannot wait for it to happen - because $#$^ ruined sleep in the midst of personal celebration)
  16. Defenestrated Vase Elder

EU is debating whether to get rid of DST or not since years. They made a poll and came to the conclusion that they're most likely rolling with permanent DST instead of standard time which boggles my mind. But it will take a couple more years for them to eventually decide that they won't touch anything and keep everything as is :confused:
  17. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

LOL by definition, it would then be STANDARD time hehe.
  18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Yes, it is a standard time, but 1 time zone to the east.

For example, if California goes to permanent Daylight Savings time, they will be moving to a permanent Mountain Standard time, not to Pacific Standard. Pacific Standard will remain the same.