What classes do you think today are underpowered?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, May 25, 2023.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

These last few pages should be copied to a new thread titled, "Why Paladin Is the Best Tank" :D
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Also includes Blunted Blade Strike, which is a (the) defensive aspect of that discipline.
  3. Wulfhere Augur

That's simply not true. Stuns are the paladin spell that scales up with mob dps. With a stun rotation, I routinely prevent millions of points of damage vs current (stun-able) mobs, per fight.

The truth is that stuns are a paladin's functional equivalent to Lich Sting (SK Epic 2.0 click). A wise paladin would be relying on them as much as possible.
    Angahran, bbanz, tsiawdroi and 3 others like this.
  4. Allayna Augur

I’d like to think it was stunned. But your level argument doesn’t work. Nothing in this raid instance is higher than 123 save Hashiss. Ever other stun cast on that model name had a stun immune message save for Pious Force.
    Aenvar likes this.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

Interesting. Sounds like a bug to me.
  6. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

AFAIK, the mobs in that raid are not stunnable.

Wulfhere was correct earlier when he explained it. What you are seeing is confusing and it's due to the wording of the messages from the spell.

You are seeing the message for the spell landing, the aggro is applied, healing light proc is checked, etc... but you are also seeing the message returned to let you know that the mob is immune to the stun effect.
    alanus and Wulfhere like this.
  7. Allayna Augur

I’m telling you there are instances where there is no stun immunity messaging for Pious Force. Not that the messaging is confusing as is the case for some of the other stuns. Go back and re-read my post in the previous page that shows an instance where a Pious Force had a stun immunity message. Then another where it didn’t.
    Aenvar likes this.
  8. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

I know, you're referring to this:
    but I don't have an explanation for you other than lag / delayed writing to the log file. That's my assumption but it is kind of hard to tell with just 2 lines pasted from your log file though.

You are 100% right though, the spell messaging should be changed. It's misleading to say the mob is "stunned" just because it's the generic message from the spell and put the stun immune message in as well. Unfortunately, that's just how their system works. They could probably changed the spell message to say hit / struck / smashed / etc... instead of stunned.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

Okay, however it's not clear your log is for the same mob (which I would consider a bug) and you doubt it too. Until then, my other explanation to debunk is that individual raid adds are flagged stun immune and some are not. There is precedent for that event design.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They should do a list on char's that are overpowered but that might be taken down lol. Ill say SK's and Mages. Definatley not wizards.
    alanus likes this.
  11. Maedhros High King

I almost never load waves, I was just saying if you wanted to cast a spell to heal your group, that you'd get more out of the waves and you could control it, not just hope that Healing Light would proc.
    Yes its a 20% chance to proc, but that does not mean it fires once every 5 stuns. You could have great RNG and have it fire 4 or 5 times in a row, or it could go 10 casts without firing once. We have no control at all.
    Remember, a 20% chance to proc is also an 80% chance that it won't.
    If they bumped the proc rate up to 50%, made an adjustment to some kind of additional effect for all the over heal, and made stuns land on every single mob other than giants and dragons which are nearly always stun immune we would have no need for any other line ups.

I think you can do a pretty simple test on raids and probably will be disappointed with the results.
    If a mob is stunnable, and you can lock it down, you will be able to move behind it and keep swinging away and it wont turn around until you run out of stuns to cast.
    You can definitely do this to quite a few group mobs. Almost never on raids.

If you find a single raid mob of any significant value that you can do that to I will be shocked.
    The Blacksouls on pit fight do not count, because they dont fight back in the first place.
    alanus likes this.
  12. Boro Journeyman

As a raiding paladin, when there is a new expansion the first two raid loots I go for are the 2hander (for fun, and I play for fun, imagine that) and the neck for the improved healing focus to increase raid healing. The Tier 1 necks also have that focus and will be cheaper than the T2 I will replace it with later but meantime you get bigger heals immediately.
  13. Namde Augur

Tldr

14. Boro Journeyman

Someone said, "paladins are tank of last resort". In my guild the paladins are tanking the mutable monstrosity boss in the tier 2 Door Closes raid, start to finish. At least lately :)
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Mages, now..

Lmao
    Dre. likes this.
  16. menleniel New Member

I got so burned out on my cleric I won't play a healer of any kind in any game anymore. DPS is much more fun. I was raiding one day mashing the heals and I had an epiphany. The class hadn't been fun for years. I quit right after the raid.
    bbanz and Annastasya like this.
  17. Moak The Most High

I do it all the time on raids no matter what class the tank is. When I get close I either feign death or click my defensive buttons. That being said, I am in a fellowship with a really good paladin- doing group stuff my pet is always on taunt and that helps keep things smoother.
    Fian likes this.
  18. Maedhros High King

While its certainly possible for a paladin to tank stuff like that, it is unequivocally better for warriors to tank raid bosses start to finish.
    Warrior have more HP and substantially better disc up-time than paladins.
    That a paladin can do those things is also not evidence that a paladin is not by far the worst of the 3 tanks.
  19. Ozon Augur

The point most have been trying to make is, being #3 among a archetype of classes that are in general a very good place, where each class can absolutely fulfill their primary role by leaps and bounds better than anyone not in the archetype. And fulfill their secondary role very well, and at times possibly top 3 in all EQ. Is not a bad place at all. There are certainly some classes who have been stagnant, for years, ones who realistically have no secondary role. Or no secondary role worth anything (Clerics, Wizards, Zerkers).
    Emilari, menown, Wulfhere and 3 others like this.
  20. Allayna Augur

Having more HP is kind of a losing argument when the warrior class has zero ability to heal themselves.

[IMG]

I can now break a million HP on a raid and haven't finished gearing from this expansion yet.
    I don't stack Hsta, like some other paladins, I stack Hdex.
    Paladins are worst at what? They aren't the worst at healing the raid, curing, they aren't even the worst at survival without outside healing...
    So, maybe DPS and AE aggro?
    FawnTemplar, Emilari and kizant like this.