Cloak grind debate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jul 19, 2023.

1. alanus Augur

I would go into either Deepshade with the weak mushrooms, or Firefall with the weak ants/bugs/dinos and just train myself. I could solo quite a few at once, and it didn't take too long to even level the final cloak level. I am paladin so I could easily keep myself alive, so it'd probably be much different for rogues
  2. Drakang Augur

There is also a spot in Shadow Haven with weak mushrooms.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

The first chamber you come to in PD if you enter from SWT has a bunch of weak con mushrooms as well.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

Darklight..

I pick a cave an just mass pull endlessly..
    Don't even worry bout looking at the cloak.. lmao periodically I spose ok just to see.. but yeah mass pulls mass pulls mass pulls..
  5. MmmmBop Wise Troll

If you don't need your merc out, skip it... mercs drastically cut into cloak exp. If you have a healer box out of group, that would be ideal for when you can't self heal.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

Do you have a log to prove this? I have not noticed a difference between having merc out and not having one during my test.
  7. MmmmBop Wise Troll

No, but I tested it several times and it cuts down on exp by half. I would just manually count how many kills for each % and then compare with a merc out. I think the last round of the cloak was 18 kills per 1% while solo. Not sure what it would be with a merc since I bagged my merc long before that.
  8. Marton Augur

I never use my merc when I level evolving items.

I tested this, same as the poster above, and I always got more exp on evolving items when my merc was suspended.
  9. Pickter New Member

Seen your post regarding the number of kills as well I’ll have to test this and see how many I can kill before I have to fade with no merc.

Merc is only on passive until spirit drinkers runs out and I can no longer self heal then switch to Efficient. Even though they don’t hit hard 3-4 beating on you with the occasional stun from the yellow it’s annoying.

Have an idea I’ll try out tonight sinceI’m on a 10 minute timer anyway.