Overseer Collectibles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Cicelee Augur

It always amazes me when I sell a COV/TOV/TOL collectible on my off line trader, especially when it is for hundreds of thousands of plat (or even a million, like what happened last week). Don't people do Overseer and realize they can get one within 24 hours if they desired? And if you have millions of plat that you can afford to buy previous expansion collectibles, then I assume you have also been playing long enough to have Overseer at a point where you can get older ones.

Do people just have that much plat they don't know what to do with it? Don't get me wrong, my bank appreciates the transaction so I can fill out current expansion collections I am missing. But am I the only one surprised that people are spending 100k-1 million plus on older collects when Overseer is around?
  2. Thren Lorekeeper

I personally go back and farm complete sets from older expansions, and then sell in gen chat for 3 to 5 krono. People are lazy and dont want to do it when they can buy, especially if its for an alt or box, the fast way may be costly, but its one and done. If im not farming complete sets, i focus on mob dropped or mission farmed sets, again, it allows the buyer an easy , fast way with no effort.
  3. Thren Lorekeeper

also,, works out well for me because I do not, and will not run a trader, all my transactions are done in general chat and i have had no problems selling so far.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Lazy
    People have to much pp
    or dont use overseer.

I make some good pp sometimes. Good selling is selling a full expansion of shinies but that does take awhile. Last time i got 3kr which is like 30-33pp on fv at the time.
  5. MageGuy MageGuy

Lazy? How about this one: some of us actually have full time jobs - and by full time job I don't mean playing EverQuest.
  6. Celithan New Member

I have to wonder why someone would complain about making money off of a product in the game? Rich people problems..../sigh.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Nennius like this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea raiders are weird people never happy lol.
  8. KarmaKitty Augur

The exchange rate between Time and Money (pp or kr) varies.

While the overseer collection dispenser does not work on the current expansion, it is a great way to get those rare collectables that routinely go for millions or are for some other reason out of reach.

So, would you give up a few % in overseer experience to gain a fist full of AA points?

What if there was just that last collectable standing in your way from the fist full of AA points? For some reason it is just not reasonably obtainable. How many pp would you pay it? If there was one for sale for 2m pp, would you consider the collection dispenser a 2m pp savings :)

You would also be surprised at how many people will not go one zone off POK to kill a newb rat, wasp... Way more convenient to buy and barter from anywhere and there are plenty of parcel vendors out there.
    At least it keeps my offline vendor out of the poor house :D
  9. Teferri New Member

I farm each ground spawn and kill collection I can do twice. Once for me, once for my alt. All the extras I sell (apparently cheaply) at 10k/per. never dawned on me to auction for krono, but maybe now I will!
  10. KarmaKitty Augur

It would be nice if they had a "collection of collectibles" container that takes the individual items and produces one item of the same name as the associated achievement. Gives them a new item for the marketplace. The collection items could then be sold like "suit of" items. I think it would help given so many collectibles across the many expansions.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Angahran like this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

I am not complaining. If you read my first post, I even say my bank account appreciates the plat so that I can buy ones I am missing from current expansion. I am just baffled/curious why someone would spend a million plat on a collectible when it takes a minute or two to get the Overseer trade/whatever else gives collection rewards and then wait 24 hours to get the collect.

And I don't think I am rich, plat wise. At least compared to a lot of others I have heard about.
  12. Installing Updates Lorekeeper

Aren’t Collectibles similar to Purity… too weird and confusing to figure out for the minimal benefit? I’ve never done Collectibles. I just destroy them if I accidentally loot in the first place. Never knew you could get them through Overseer.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, shoot where to start. Look under each expansion in your Hero's Journey list and then click General and find the one that shows you collected all the collect for that expansion and then look at the reward button. Its usually a large bag and/or an item that will increase your heroic stats

Then further down past general is collections and you will see all the rewards listed there are AA.

Here is an example:

Call of the Forsaken Master Scavenger

which gives you Hoarder's Cache
    Title, Prefix: "Hoarder"
    Title, Suffix: "the Hoarder"
    Experience (2% in Level 100 -OR- 10 AAs)
    AA: "Trophy Collector" (activate one additional trophy)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. KarmaKitty Augur

Some of the Overseer quest allow you to select an "Overseer Collection Dispenser" fragment. I believe,
    you get 1 - 2 or these depending on how things go. I normally get 2. The trick is you must request the
    reward otherwise I believe it defaults to character xp.

Once you collect four fragments, you (right) click on them in inventory. The combine to form a collection
    dispenser. You (right) click on the dispenser in inventory to get the pop-up description window. On the
    pop-up you (right) click on the square and a reward window pop-up appears. Here you pick the expansion your collectible comes from or go back to an ornament dispenser. I may have my clicks wrong, but this is the same sort of mechanism used with Type II spells in several expansions.

You can select any expansion that has collectibles except for the latest expansion.

You then do the same sort of thing with the item dispensed to get a subset of collectibles.

You then do the same thing to get the specific collectable you want.

You then click on the collectable to "collect it".

Collect all members of the set to get the Achievement and any associated award. There are additional achievements for completing collection groups.

Collecting all sets for an expansion triggers another achievement and the associated award.

So, that sort of how it all works.

The major problem is the collectibles are scattered across an expansion some available only be available in mission instances. You need to canvas the expansion zones, create them via the method above, receive them in donation or buy them. Those last two require other people to canvas those zones. Many of those zones are ghost towns.
  15. Zarkdon Augur

The main benefit of collectibles is either trophies (RoS - NoS) or additional trophy slots (4 older expansions). These trophies come with large stat bonuses you can activated using tribute.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Not sure what's weird or confusing about them. You right click them to collect them, then when you have "collected" the whole set you get a quest reward for usually 10-20 AA. If you collect all sets within an expansion you can get trophies or additional trophy slots.

Purity is the % of the powersource's stats that the specific armor piece will be changed by. So if you have 80 purity, a powersource with Str 10 Sta 10 Wis -10 Int -10 Dex 10 Agi 10 Cha 10 HP 100, then that specific armor piece will get +8 to Str, +8 to Sta, -8 to Wis, -10 to Int, +10 to Dex, +10 to Agi, +10 to Cha, and +80 to HP. With each Purity armor piece getting similar bonuses depending on the amount of Purity.