Riwwi arena fight 3 portion of BIC quest is bugged.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Laeadern, Jul 18, 2023.

1. Laeadern Elder

While working the BIC quest in Riwwi the third arena fight bugged out and Category: Quest [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Tue Jul 18 14:29:24 2023

Character: Level 120 Paladin (Main)
    Zone: Palatial Guild Hall

Target PC: Level 120 Paladin
    Target Location: -0.18, -437.01, -19.01, 384.00

Description: While working the BIC quest in Riwwi and during the arena fight three portion the mob Handler Bvekh did not spawn as such i was unable to loot his head to complete the third fight step.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

What happened to "High Hill Cragbeast Head"?
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

You need to provide more details.

I'm assuming you are at: Breakdown in Communication #3: Riwwi

The write up says:

So, what happened for you? Did you hand in Yunjo's Sea Kelp Cord? Did an enslaved yunjo shout that line? Did An officiator shout that line? Did the Cragbeast spawn? Did you get High Hill Cragbeast's Head?

The Breakdown in Communication quests are likely the most difficult in the game. Not that killing the mobs is so hard. The hard part is that they are so convoluted. You have to do each step exactly right or it doesn't work.

When I did it long ago, I got stuck at some point and reported it as a bug. A Developer told me they hated these quests because they are so convoluted. That developer gave me the part I needed. Later, I was embarrassed to discover that it probably wasn't bugged at that point but that I hadn't done the step exactly as required.
  4. Laeadern Elder

I handed in the cord and went to do the fight. The handler did not spawn but the Cragbeast mob did. I was reading the writeup on Alla and followed the steps as best as i it was explained.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

You still haven't said if you looted High Hill Cragbeast's Head.

The write up says that in each step you get a bag to put a head into. Did you get a bag before you started this step? What is the name of that bag? Is there one bag for each head or do you put both heads in one bag?

Seriously, if you need help or want to report a bug, you need to give excruciatingly exact detail on everything. Every single thing you do and what happens. Every single thing an NPC tells you. Every single thing you are given and you give.

I feel like I'm pulling teeth here trying to help you. You somehow expect us to know exactly what happened. Only you know that.

If you look at the quest write up, that's the kind of detail you have to give us. Just start from, "I handed in Yunjo's Sea Kelp Cord", assuming you did. Then say exactly every single thing that happened after that. In fact, you have to give more than the write up because it is not detailed enough, it never says if one or two heads go in the bag for arena encounter 3. However, reading it again, it looks like two heads go in that bag.

Anyway, the write up says, "If you fail an encounter, you must start over from wave 1. If a mob gates, it is considered a failure." Did you try again from wave 1? If you can try from wave 1 and it works that time, then Daybreak is not going to fix whatever caused your failure the first time (assuming it actually is a bug), because they don't have the time and you can just do it twice.

Also, do you know for sure he didn't spawn rather than he spawned and then gated?

In any case, the answer is to start from arena encounter 1 again and turn logging on (/log on). If it works, you are all set. If it fails again, this time post your log for it for us to see what we can.

Good luck.
  6. Laeadern Elder

I looted the craigbeast head but there was no handler head to be seen. I did the hand in, watched for the emotes went to do the fight and didnt get all i needed...fairly simple.
  7. Cloud the Third Augur

It was been a long time since I have done this but I know alot of older events like this have things that happen based on mob hp so if you kill the mob to fast it never triggers something. It could be that the Handler Bvekh doesn't spawn until the cragbeast is at lower hp and you are killing it to fast. Clearly if you got the cragbeast head than you did trigger it but maybe did it to fast not allowing the second mob to spawn?

Also are you sure you just didn't miss the handler? Do you have track to see if it was somewhere other than where you were?
    Fanra likes this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yup. I recently filed a bug report because a mob did not spawn during a quest. I tried the quest again and this time did much slower dps on the mob and it worked.

It is a bug that too fast dps caused it to fail but I told Daybreak to not bother to fix it because they are too busy but just mark the bug report as resolved and someone in the future who searches for the bug can find my post where I say I tried it again with slower damage and that works.