Fellowships on TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aziuno, Jul 14, 2023.

1. Aziuno Augur

What would your guys thoughts be to adding fellowships to classic instead of ... SoD?SoF?

Move Franklin to EC Tunnel, or give him a cohort that does the same things there.

What portions would you like to see, what ones wouldn't you care to see?

I know there are buffed campfires, but those are already disabled until a much later time.
    wade_watts, Brazy and Impulse like this.
  2. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

Can you explain fellowships for us TLP noobs who never touched anything past OoW?
  3. Nessirfiti Augur

No. you want fellowships? wait 'till TBS. If you're so interested in having features from the better expansions at the launch of a server, you should agitate to have servers that start in TSS or later.

Fellowships are, I guess the best way to explain it would be a sub-guild, 12 players maximum, you can share XP with the fellowship, and you can put down a campfire, if you have 3 fellowship members in the same place, that allows other members to teleport to it. You can buy an item that allows you to put down empowered campfires that are pretty nice, as well. give a fair few bonuses, HP/stats/Damage bonus.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Fellowships themselves I don't see too much of a problem with, though no doubt some will complain about the ease of travel.

Buffed campfires and vitality would need to be removed until a later expansion.
    Brazy and Rijacki like this.
  5. Xhartor Augur

There are some other advantages too, they give you a visual placable object. This can help with explaining positioning. Example: Have people drop campfire in each of the spots you want the unmezzable RC members tanked.
    Brazy likes this.
  6. Aziuno Augur

You are right, remove click from bags, extended target list, tradeskill depot, offensive skill revamp, spell revamp... The list goes on.

You are not adding value to the discussion by being curmudgeon and obtuse. QoL features make the game better, almost like it's adding quality. Why can't players in classic enjoy the same quality that late era does, this feature has nothing to do with the actual expansion, it was a QoL feature for people to play with their friends easier, and help casuals keep up with their hardcore friends.
  7. Nessirfiti Augur

Why not start servers in TSS, Then? All of those Quality of life features are in, or soon to be in then. the pointless constantly repeated drama of classic era TLPs will be avoided.

Also, sure, remove those until the expansions they were put in originally. put the skill and spell revamps in, at say OoW or TSS. :rolleyes:

I guess my issue is just the odd demands from the nostalgia treadmillers, only ever playing in the worst expansions, but wanting the quality of life stuff from the better expansions.

Going to demand guild halls with the teleporter in classic, as well? I actually Wish they'd open neighborhoods and neighborhood guild halls in DoN when the regular guild hall is opened up, so I've got no room to complain on that one.
    Xhartor likes this.
  8. Aziuno Augur

I have played through the newer expansions. The population dies off after PoP. MMO's with less than 200 active raiders on a server is not a MMO imo. I also don't care for the newer expansions content. Servers launched in later era's fall flat on their face anyway, look at.. was it Miragul? The heroic+ start server. There was 1 raiding guild.

People make this game.. You may want to avoid people, but not everyone else feels the same way.. That is why I wish these features were in the game when the servers are populated. If you do'nt want the feature you can opt out of it, and if it's not including the campire buffs, I don't see what harm it does for the average player, if anything it lets all the gaming dads be more included with their friends who may already be mid dungeon crawl or deep in the hole/Seb, etc..
  9. Xhartor Augur

6 Guilds have cleared raid progression in TBM on Mangler, with 1 work still working there way through.
    Mischief has a larger player base then Mangler had in SoF.
  10. Nessirfiti Augur

The population dies off, because the devs keep strangling the existing TLPs with new launches, attracting all of the people who have decided that they only want to play in the eras were raids require no thought, just pointy end goes in the enemy and run a CH rotation.

Ask me 6 months ago, if I supported fellowships being put in earlier and I'd be all for it. But at this point I'm tired of people demanding things be done to convenience only people who constantly replay classic-PoP that I'm pretty done with it.

I'm assuming it'll be in the August patch notes, because generally if someone is even mildly inconvenienced in classic, the devs immediately pander to them.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

TL;DR - No, unless the server is a level-locked one that starts with expansions up to PoR or later unlocked.

e.g.

TBS Start TLP but with level-locking until the levels unlocked match the expansions.

Then you have all classes available from launch, every race available from launch, and you can match level unlocks similarly to the cadence of prior regular TLP's. You could also avoid player-loss bottle-necks like the "70-era" just by adjusting level unlock cadence.

Throw in truebox relaxation at level 70 unlocking and removal with level 85 unlocking and the server could be a really interesting proposition and the first to make full use of the 1-75 Hero's journey, a great deal of that being "in era" for this TLP.

This would allow players to side-step completely the typical "TLP recycler" levelling route and be an ideal jumping-in TLP for players who have never tried EQ before. Gotta be a fresher way to play if they've grown bored of pure nostalgia & fancy a twist on it.

If players go through the new TLP via the TSS zones following the Hero's Journey it should help alleviate "TLP recycler boredom" & kind of address all those calls for a "TLP expansion" to boot, because that is what TSS could be on a TLP like this.

Most QoL features, including Guild Banners & Fellowships could be on from launch, though things like stat-boosts from campfires & banners are not available until their original expansion-related level unlocks.

I would leave the "Tutorial zone" as inaccessible until level 65 unlocks.
    I would not switch on "Defiant gear" dropping until level 75 unlocks
  12. Impulse New Member

What a great idea, I love it!

Never really got to use fellowships a bunch since I usually don't make it that far but more QoL on TLP's is a massive+. Love they added aggro meter, extended target, and all the other things so far, keep it up!
    Brazy and Aziuno like this.
  13. Brazy Augur

Gross, no thanks.

Fellowships though, yes.
    Aziuno likes this.
  14. Aziuno Augur

This is not on topic, please make your own post.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Edited my post, sorry the first draft didn't mention felowships.
  16. Aziuno Augur

This doesn't change my lack of enjoyment on later eras, and doesn't change my desire for an easier time to play with my friends who are more casual. Not only could I help level them up when they are offline by giving them bonus exp, but if they hop on for just a hour, they can join me right away instead of spending 30mins running to me, only to probably die on the way.

This QoL would only make the casual life better in EQ, and keep up with their hardcore buddies.

This could strengthen the population by keeping the causals in longer, to maybe play those later era's.
  17. Aziuno Augur

"No" doesn't explain your thoughts behind how it is detrimental or would be bad that it would be easier to play with your friends. You just ramble on about your desired TLP ruleset, please make your own thread for that.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

But you want the features you like from later expansions regardless? That's a damn cheeky request.

I'm okay with people asking for stuff earlier if they plan on playing through to the server reaching live but you don't plan on sticking around anyway, no matter what you are given you'll be re-rolling on the next TLP so why should the game pander to you when you are part of the reason the servers "dies off after PoP".

It arguably facilitates churn & burn to make it even easier to short-term TLP recycle & feeds into the "TLP die at PoP" myth so it does do harm to the TLP as a whole to appease recyclers too much, because you make the long-term survival of the server less certain.
    I would like to dissuade the short-term recycler pattern & encourage the longer-term retention but what you suggest works against that, front-loading all the benefits and giving the server less long-term appeal.

Maybe, not that you would be around to care since you would have moved onto the next TLP.

Too quick to judge.
  19. Aziuno Augur

So it doesn't hurt you, and you just don't want others to have quality of life. Thanks for reminding me why I don't talk here anymore.

We are all paying customers, not just people who play start to live
  20. Captain Video Augur

Win the lottery. Cut DBG a certified check for $5M to rewrite the game the way you want it for your special server. Problem solved. Otherwise, dream on.