6 Months After Expac - Enable Overseer Collection Dispenser ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Jul 13, 2023.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Should Overseer Collection Item Dispenser start including the current expansion collections after six months? Other things such as raid easy mode banner, raid drops, coin increases all happen in a similar cadence.
    KarmaKitty, Hobs and Angahran like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Why not make expansion F2P after 6 months, and enable auto grant, and...
    Zunnoab and CatsPaws like this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I like your style, but no. The intent behind many of these changes is to further allow and encourage people to "finish" the expansion before the next one releases. Since collections, for better or worse, are now requisite to finishing armor items I feel there is a case to allow the collection item dispensers to reward items for the current expansion.
  4. Kalamos Augur

Dog and cats living together. Mass hysteria!
    Graag Baash, Tatanka and Toukan like this.
  5. Riou EQResource

It would probably cause more people to "eat" the collections during a current expansion instead of banking for the next and being finished faster on the next, which probably also isn't a bad thing
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

.....a new expansion....
  7. Celephane Augur

No they're not.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I probably could have been more detailed. I mean collections are required to finish the cloak, which is an armor item.
  9. Repthor Augur

if you still need collections after 6 mounths in to the expasion , that means that theres still content to do. Adding curent collections to overseer then directly takes away content from the current cycle(grinding aas and achivments). If your point is but my alts answer is the same

also its whould impact server economy as the "right away" to collect collectbles whould be to sell them at the start of the expasion then "collect them" from overseer after 6 mounths

keeping them as a catch up mecanics the next expasion is the better way to do it and thats how its is right now
    Yinla, Szilent and Samatman like this.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No they're not.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Well I feel silly. :oops:
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I wish they were instead of; or as an eigther-or for raid achievements.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Raid easy mode banner, raid drops, coin increases are only for raiders and most of those cannot be purchased in the baz.

Collections are for everyone. Anyone can finish them and get the reward which is usually a bag and an increase in some stats item, even if you don't own the expansion. Not the same type of benefit at all and not something that makes a difference if put out early on a third option.

There are already 2 options to get those collects in less than 6 months. Do it yourself or buy it in the baz. Might be a little pricey but I have 90% of it completed and a lot of it is from the baz.

Doesn't seem necessary.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I wouldnt mind as 6 months in im down to a few but every one of them runs 500k to 2m in the baz pretty annoying.
  15. Drakang Augur

So go farm them or join a guild that shares them out to help each other get them done vice selling them.
  16. Cloud the Third Augur

My cat and dog growing up used to sleep together. The cat would chase away any dogs that came in our yard and the dog would chase any cats that came in away. They worked together perfectly.
    Madeni likes this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I tend to agree with you. Doesn't seem necessary. But I appreciate the input!
  18. CrazyLarth Augur

they already do a delayed version When NOS went live it took them mulit patches to fix the TOL collections to the overseer-collection-dispenser
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Still not required.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yeah I messed up. Admitted up there ^^^^ somewhere. Thought it was required for some reason. Thanks for clarifying.