Daybreak make money with fashion quest

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jarlaxle, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Jarlaxle New Member

We all know if you guys brought illusions to the daybreak store people would buy them. Bring back the illusions from LoN card game, drider, rss illusions, vaniki illusion, aspect of the brood, and many many others. Not sure why they don’t get released even for a limited time, can even lock any benifit the illusion would give until that expansion unlocks but just saying people will buy them if only you put them out for us to buy.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

For me, "fashion" quest would be if they brought some rare Hero's Forge armor into the marketplace. The illusions is more of a "identity" quest :D

They did say:
    But it seems the players are willing to forgo that "bad Marketplace experience" and buy them!!!! We could easily disprove this if they just offered the Fluffy Ball of Cotton"
    code-zero and Fenthen like this.
  3. Jarlaxle New Member

Both would be grand wouldn’t they? Make players happy and make the company money. I have seen some of the rare armor in market place a few times now. But still have yet to see them bring back the LoN card game illusions the heritage crates are a neat idea but man those illusions from the card game were amazing and are lost to time now it seems.
  4. Domniatric Augur

Along the same lines of making money with fashionquest....

I'd love to see some kind of transmog system.

Possible implementations?
    -a single use item in the daybreak store that turns any item into an type 21 ornament.
    -a new service purchasable that also allows you to put items into the type 21 slot.
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Jarlaxle New Member

Nice! The thing with the illusions as well is they are done/ were made and out before throw em in the marketplace.
  6. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Stop putting dozens of hero forge sets in heritage crates, and sell them separately in the marketplace!
    Yinla and CatsPaws like this.
  7. Jarlaxle New Member

Make the market place !
  8. Jarlaxle New Member

Or heck add LoN heritage crates that have the mounts and illusions in them.

Already have heritage crates
    Already have the illusions done

Let’s make it happen.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  9. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

While we're at it, Mercenaries. There's something to the tune of a dozen mercenary contracts that are locked to an exceedingly uncommon release of specific LoN card sets.
  10. samenye Lorekeeper

I always figured this was more to do with preserving rareness on Live servers. One of the annoying features of Magic: The Gathering was (is) the tendency to recycle cards, removing their rarity, except to collectors. The cynic in me thinks it also has a bit to do with selling heritage crates, and the Krono that's necessary to get the rare stuff within those crates.

Both situations suit Live well but sit ill with TLPs where we are typically stuck each cycle with just one crate.

Admittedly, that's fun in a way. I enjoyed seeing all the boxed Deputies running around last season or so.

But I'd love to see the wolf familiar who growls at adds make a return...
  11. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Never understood the removal of items from the marketplace - you never sell what you don't offer. The 'cluttered' reasoning given is rather funny in a game where people buy large virtual bags to stuff virtual items into them to keep them around; ie it is nonsensical.

If you offer it, people will buy it.
  12. Gnomie Denser than most

Guild wars 2 does it best. They cycle illusions and armors through their store every month or two. So people don't see them frequently, and are more inclined to purchase something vs. risk missing it later.

I do have a list of about 20 items I would buy if they were ever available in the shop. Although I will never buy another heritage crate again after opening 75 of them and spending about 500-600 dollars on them a couple of years ago to try to get an illusion, and ending up in a bag full of armor suits I couldn't even use. Not a fan of gambling systems in shops.
  13. Jarlaxle New Member

Fondest memory of eq back in the day with LoN was a zerker cat in raid got the aspect of the brood illusion and would pop it during raids and turn into big grey dragon that could float or fly, drider illusion during dodh, fire and ice demons from rss illusions and the beautifully done telmari guard illusion. Never to be seen again :(