Idiot Merc Cleric

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tach200, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Tach200 Journeyman

Recently, it seems my mercenary cleric has stopped healing. It is bad enough that a decently equipped tank is getting killed by trash mobs while running disciplines. The merc cleric has full AA for whatever that is worth, but can't seem to pull its head out of its A$$ to throw some heals.

Anyone else noticing a distinctly lackluster effort by merc clerics recently ?
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Mine still likes me. I did give it a raise though.
    Solaar Esten, Metanis, Koshk and 2 others like this.
  3. Shanarias Augur

Is its stance set to Passive, by chance?
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Tach200 Journeyman

No, stance is reactive.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Urzhad, did you go AFK again?
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

See my signature. Tunare be with you.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Lev buff on the merc? Lev will definitely keep tank and melee mercs out of the fight. I click lev off my healer merc as well, just to be safe.
  8. Cicelee Augur

Where is Conq when you need him the most?
    Straahdx and Nennius like this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I feel this is your problem. Run her on balanced. Being a Ranger and the puller my merc often left me to die when set to reactive. Not sure what she was reacting too but it wasn't my health bar going down. And yes, I know they don't heal you on pulls until your in camp etc

Sometimes I think players overthink the mercs who don't think
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

In his memory................."Because Merc's are the Devil. "
    Madeni likes this.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Noticed they have trouble heal through air/water boundary. trying to kill fish in Padadul.
  12. Annastasya Augur

That part is not just mercs. That's water physics. Being on the other side of a water barrier in Norrath is like having infinite resists.
  13. Koshk Augur

Every now and then, I have also noticed the healer merc gets "confused", and stops healing the tank altogether.

To resolve, one of these usually works:
    • Enable Puller role on tank, then remove the role.
    • Place merc into Passive, then back into Balanced/Reactive.
    • Summon the healer merc using a mage CoH.
    • Suspend the merc, then Unsuspend.
    • Compliment them on their outfit, remark how fit & tone they look today, remind them you'd never have survived the treacherous Labyrinth of Kittens without their help.
    Fanra and Metanis like this.
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

yeah, *but* as far as I can tell (and just tested it does work) when my PC shaman casts a heal on a player in water I haven't noticed it being 'resisted'
  15. Tappin Augur

Make sure to block all the slow spells, HoT, and delayed heals. If you have already done that.. Add a second merc healer. They don't crit like real characters and need at least 1.5 to 3 times the healing.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Which merc skin you using out of interest? I've noticed not all merc skins are equal.
  17. Conq Augur

Welcome to Everquest. Where Merc's are the Devil.
    Conq
    Straahdx and Madeni like this.
  18. Cloud the Third Augur

I have seen this happen sometimes when I was in water zones and the merc got stuck trying to path and wasn't healing me. I have also seen it get stuck on a rock and stop healing me. I find if it stops healing turn it on passive wait a few secs then turn it back to reactive after it has warped to me and it starts healing again.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

I'd say that most merc issues are due to either Puller Mode or Geometry issues. Your solutions are all good for that.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Keise Elder

I haven't found a merc problem that didn't end up being my own fault, weirdest 1 I had was having was levitate on merc, if they are too far up in the sky they won't heal you
    Madeni likes this.