Coirnav - So long and thanks for all the fish

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kakashi77, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Kakashi77 Elder

5 years 3 months and 24 days. That was how long I and the last remaining guild saw through Coirnav till the very end. We officially wrapped up our Coirnav progress last night by completing CoV (and some ToL) which was our final date to sunset the server by our merit. In preparation for its merge next week we decided to use this week to finalize packing (xfers) and tie up any other loose ends on the server for our characters. Having said that I'm proud to say we have become the first asian/oceanic guild to complete a TLP server or rather till the end of it's lifecycle.

It has been a wild ride. I have so much I can say about our ups and downs in these 5 years and a total of 27 expansions cleared (minus mearatas!). Do I wish we had more time and our usual schedule to finish up remaining expansions before being merged? Yes for sure. Unfortunately the dice roll was against us and we did the best we could with the crammed schedule to meet the July merge deadline.

At the end we saw most everyone joining one guild and it was like a family. The server itself was a family community. We had no bazaar for a few years, most zones were scarcely populated and we felt the "private" server we had running for us was unique to the point it was somewhat a blessing in a way. Attrition hit us hard at various points, and to many guilds that folded. But we at least saw the last main guild reach RoS before they finally merged with us too. All in all we had a lot going against us but we still persevered and succeeded in the goal we set out for ourselves.

There are so many people to thank that made this happen. From our officers and members whom many were with us from day 1 to ex-guildies who were cheering us on to see us succeed. If it wasn't for the hard work and dedication our members put in to the guild over these years we would have never made it as far as we did today. They are the real heroes.

I do also want to say a special thank you for many who helped me throughout the years in getting us through some hurdles and just being awesome in lending guidance as they can. In no particular order - Dima, Frank (thebank), Kizant, Aldryn, Sieger, Nokkard, Tich, Skuz, Yukan, and many others. If I missed someone in particular my apologies, drafting this on the fly!

What's next for Eastern Coalition? Well we've decided as a guild to move to Bertox to carry on our live journey there. We'll finish up ToL and NoS then focus on the upcoming expansion. So if anyone is looking for an asian/oceanic live raiding guild we are setting up that presence there.

I honestly hope everyone who is on a TLP gets to experience the feeling we now feel of completing a server. It's an amazing journey and even though its insanely hard work (as others before us and ahead of us know), it's worth the ride. I want to also give kudos to Phinny and Selos for setting the benchmark for many of the QoL changes we saw and also just the killer clears they did to complete their servers in era. Amazing work!

So I'll end with this, we decided to take a snapshot after our final raid with the ol' fish as a final goodbye to his namesake server. Thanks Coirnav.

[IMG]
  2. Critt Augur

Classy guild, amazing that you all made it to the end congrats!
    Skuz and Kakashi77 like this.
  3. Labzeh Lorekeeper

Well done guys, what an epic journey! Congratulations to all the members, and a huge appreciate for Kakashii and the other officers and players that kept things going for the adventure. You guys have achieved a lot especially to finish every expansion in era (besides 1 OP Mearetas)!

Good luck on the new server and to all the members moving on, You can never escape the EQ!
  4. jeskola pheerie

Awesome!
  5. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Amazing. You might even be the only Asian/Oceanic guild to have completed the xpacs! Congratulations.
  6. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

Congrats you guys! I love reading stories like this in EQ. Hope you guys networked outside of the EQ platform, 5 years if a hell of a good friendship :)
  7. Snoogadooch Journeyman

Big congrats from <Hella Darkness> on the Mangler server. We hope to follow in your footsteps next year. Its a tough time for recruitment, thats for sure.
  8. Overcast451 Augur

That's awesome! Wish you all the best of luck!
  9. Giustin New Member

Well done guys!

Despite not making it to the end with EC ... I spent a good number of years playing, laughing and experiencing EQ with you. Some of the best leadership, raid management, players and genuinely good blokes I have ever had the privilege to share pixels with.

Good luck on Bertox.

G
  10. Anasyn New Member

Kakashi and the EC team are an amazing group of players. I raided with them up until Luclin I believe. I wish we had a leadership team like them on Oakwynd. Gratz on all your hard work.
  11. Laberintica77 Journeyman

Congratulations on beating all the odds; everyone always bashed Coirnav and made fun of it, since it was created during a hazy time. I'm so happy you guys were able to prove everyone wrong; You guys rock!
    Kakashi77 and Skuz like this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A pity the server had such a hard time given so many lessons that could have been learnt earlier, but despite all of the problems Kakashi & his team along with the people who stuck it out to the end are a credit to the game, nothing but love and best of luck on continuing to overcome everything and sticking it out together on Bertox.
  13. Cimian007 Piink Panther

Thanks for all the great memories. It was amazing the challenges that had to be overcome to pull off making it to the end. Especially in a guild where not even everyone spoke the same language, WOW. Even though I chose to move on, I send nothing but love to my EC family.
    Kakashi77 likes this.
  14. Lawyer Augur

This is just amazing! Nice job. That's the spirit of the game, for sure.
    This is the kind of stuff I'd like to see more of in the forum.
    Kakashi77 likes this.
  15. Protocol Dragon Defender

Great work! Congratulations!
    Kakashi77 likes this.
  16. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

What were your favourite moments and expansions?
    Kakashi77 likes this.
  17. Froogle of Veeshan New Member

Well played, and a massive congratulations. May the adventure in Norrath, live on.

/deputysalute
    Kakashi77 likes this.
  18. Kakashi77 Elder

That's a tough one. There's a lot to choose from but I would say getting past tough raids like Unearthing and Zek brothers (anniversary), those were quite satisfying. Partnering with MiM for ST 1.0 rush when SoV opened, thinking sleeper would be awakened but we got a good couple weeks in the end.

Favorite expansion is probably UF and VoA simply due to the challenge factor. Though I would say the later expansions are a ton of fun too especially if you have a healthy server, both from group content and raiding. Not many folks get the chance to really experience them progressively and sadly miss out.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Well done! Incredibly proud of you all.

The journey is fulfilling. Thrilled you were able to experience it - I always enjoyed chatting before, during, and look forward to keeping in touch.

Enjoy the ride of live!
    Barudin_Phinigel, Skuz and Kakashi77 like this.
  20. Glowerss Augur

Huge Congrats!

Had no idea there was an OCE guild on Coirnav much less one that was going the distance! Normally OCE has such a small presence on TLPs the guilds die pretty early if they start up at all.

Something to be proud of for sure, and sorry I missed it!
    Kakashi77 and Barudin_Phinigel like this.