Test Update 07/11/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EQ Dev Developer

July 11, 2023

*** Items ***

- Kaznak's Bulwark Emblem, Fragment of Ethereal Steel, Dour Blue, Sleeper's Essence, Petrified Sharktooth, Sylra's Trinket and Smoldering Core of Radir will now work on charms and range items with appropriate augment slots.
    - Mixolydian Arpeggio on the on the Spectral Loremaster Breastplate and Loremaster Breastplate of Spectral Luminosity will now cast Masterful Mixolydian Root instead of Masterful Mixolydian Third.
    - Geerlok Party Bot now has more appropriate lore text.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Added a replay timer to the task for the Bloodmoon Keep raid "Ralkor's Crystals" and "The Soulbleeder Must Bleed" event.
    - Fixed the Superior Standard to scale properly. Also adjusted the spell to add additional effects and account for the proper scaling.

*** Spells ***

- Magician - Adjusted damage values for the Shock Of Many spell line. All spells now do increased damage with fewer pets (tier 1) and many do increased damage with many pets (tier 2 and 3), but Shock, Jolt, Clash, Strike, and Barrage, have had their tier 2 and 3 damage reduced.

*** AA ***

- Necromancer - Added Rank 11 of the Archetype AA Summon Corpse, which casts Thanatos' Proclamation.
    - Shaman - Fixed an issue with the Class AA Spirit Call that caused certain ranks to summon the wrong pet.
    - Berserker - Updated Ranks 10 and 11 of the Focus AA Focus Arcslice to correctly focus Arcshear.

*** NPCs ***

- The general supplies merchant Duath Untez in Abysmal Sea can now send and receive parcels.

*** Overseer ***

- Several new event-specific Agents have been added to Overseer, available only during the Stone Cold Summer event in August.
    - - A new line of event-specific Overseer Quests, available at all Overseer levels, are also available for a limited time during Stone Cold Summer.
    - - New achievements, found in the Overseer >> Holiday category, have also been added for completing each of the new Stone Cold Summer event Overseer Quests.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Corrected an issue that could cause an Encounter Locked NPC to become unattackable if it killed the only person on its hatelist.
    - Updated the /yell command to unlock all Encounter Locked NPCs that you're able to and added a one second reuse timer.
    - Corrected an issue with Legacy experience bonuses appearing to other characters in the group who did not have a bonus.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The /bug command will now only report target information for NPCs.
    - World server lag during raid win completion and receiving rewards should be reduced.
    - - This is a speculative fix and any additional testing before the Live update on July 19, 2023 would be greatly appreciated.

*** UI ***

- Fixed the location of the Quantity Window when opening it from windows using the old UI engine, or when the UI scale is not 1.
    - Fixed some spots on item cursor attachments.
    - Fixed cursor trails sticking around when the UI is scaled below 1.0.
    - Switching between windowed and full screen modes and resolutions should be more responsive and interactive.
    - Fixed links in the Story Window. They now will either open into the story window (local files only) or in an external browser. It's strongly recommended that players go through their existing custom story files and verify that any HTML is correct (all tags are properly closed, no missing quotation marks, etc.) to ensure they display properly.
    - Guild banners have learned to include the zone instance number where they are planted.

- The EverQuest Team
    minimind, Svann2 and Skuz like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

Well that is one way to deal with magician raid DPS...
    Ibadan Kun'Tirel and Hobs like this.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

At this point, with no new UI window conversions (and nothing mentioned in the Producer July letter), could we please get some kind of roadmap for the rest of this ... mess? It seems really poor planning to convert 4 UI windows and then do no other conversions for several months.

I realize that there is a workaround for the current UI annoyances, but some of us really like vanilla when it comes to our UI and messing with it (and I haven't actually seen a Dev approved stamp for the workaround).
  4. Hobs Elder

There were some responses both here on the forums in a few threads and on the Discord. But they need to make a specific announcement regarding the UI if they haven't done so already and give an update for what they are working on and when they expect it to be implemented.
  5. Domniatric Augur

I would have thought Shock (lvl 77), Jolt (lvl 82), and Clash(lvl 87) would have been on the list of increased damage for tier 2 & 3, not reduced?
    Eaedyilye and Hobitses like this.
  6. Emilari UI Designer

The dev approved stamp can be effectively found HERE.

They are still working on fixing existing bugs with the engine itself before they port over more files (which could introduce more bugs). It makes sense to me, even if it's disappointing to some players.

I'm happy to see several more engine bugs fixed this patch, and too hope that they'll all be fixed soon so the porting can continue.
    minimind, Szilent and Skuz like this.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

Could one of the spell experts tell me if Masterful Mixolydian Root and Masterful Mixolydian Third stack with Enchanter's Chromatic Haze? I've never tried to coordinate my bard's BP click with Haze but it might be wholesome goodness!
  8. Marton Augur

Really.

I'm all for fixing raid instance lag, but not at the expense of class abilities.

Mages, necros, beastlords are true pet classes, leave their swarms alone, and instead remove random swarm pets from non-pet classes.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

It seems like all the tiers and spells for Of Many were increased except for Barrage of Many, which tier 3 of rank 3 dropped from 93k to 75k or so.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

With all the issues they had with the first 4 windows I would guess they are working on getting those fixed and making sure future conversions don't run into the same issues.
    minimind, klanderso and Emilari like this.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

They already reduced all the AA swarms by 1/3 last month. They are making the 1/3 swarm 3x as powerful, not only reducing the number.
    Hobitses and Skuz like this.
  12. Domniatric Augur

Ah, the actual note read a little differently. That's good news.
  13. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

- Slot 30 changed from 'Increase Poison Resist Cap by 150' to 'Increase Weapon Delay by 10%
    hope this is a bug
  14. Soulbanshee Augur

It is. Someone typed the wrong info into the patch note. Strike (92) and Salvo (97) got T2 and T3 reduced. Storm (102), Volley (107), and Shockwave (112) got T1 and T3 increased, and T2 decreased. Barrage (117) got T2 and T3 reduced. I don't think the numbers are still right as I can't imagine T3 damage was supposed to have increased for lv 102-112.

Found 6 differences between
    spells_us-2023-06-15.txt and
    spells_us-2023-07-10-test.txt.
    [14772/7126] Shock of Many
    Classes: MAG/77
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 596
    Target: Line of Sight
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Fire
    Can Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Can Break Root: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.75s, Recast: 9s, Timer: 6, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 523 (If Between 1 To 2 Pets On Hatelist)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 2580 (If Between 3 To 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 4013 (If More Than 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    1: Decrease Current HP by 1849 (If Between 1 To 2 Pets On Hatelist)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 7865 (If Between 3 To 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 13877 (If More Than 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    Text: You have been struck by a shock of many.
    [14773/7126] Shock of Many Rk. II
    Mana: 654
    1: Decrease Current HP by 595 (If Between 1 To 2 Pets On Hatelist)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 2936 (If Between 3 To 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 4567 (If More Than 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    1: Decrease Current HP by 1941 (If Between 1 To 2 Pets On Hatelist)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 8258 (If Between 3 To 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 14571 (If More Than 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    [14774/7126] Shock of Many Rk. III
    Mana: 689
    1: Decrease Current HP by 642 (If Between 1 To 2 Pets On Hatelist)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 3167 (If Between 3 To 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 4926 (If More Than 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    1: Decrease Current HP by 2038 (If Between 1 To 2 Pets On Hatelist)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 8671 (If Between 3 To 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 15300 (If More Than 6 Pets On Hatelist)
    Hobitses, Skuz and Lineater like this.
  15. Jedis Arch Mage

This does seem like an odd fix. If it only summons one now, it doesn’t match the name. Duration should have been tripled if going from 3 pets to 1.
  16. josh Augur

Likely a bug, that SPA can be used to increase or decrease weapon delay, I would assume they forgot a negative sign to make it decrease weapon delay.

edit: could always be the bug is in the spell parser though
  17. Kalamos Augur

Do you have the numbers on the change to Barrage handy?

Edit: NM I found it ..

Barrage of Many Rk. III:
    - Slot 2 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 60146 if Between 3 and 6 Pets on Hatelist' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 42412 if Between 3 and 6 Pets on Hatelist'
    - Slot 3 changed from 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 93561 if At Least 7 Pets On Hatelist' to 'Decrease Current Hit Points by 74849 if At Least 7 Pets On Hatelist'

30% nerf on 3-6 and 20% nerf on 7+ ... Ouch
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  18. Marton Augur

I know some swarms were reduced last month.

I doubt the 1/3 swarms are going to be 3x as powerful though.
  19. Riou EQResource

Think this is from max having a +100 value (positive on HHE is increase delay, negative is decrease delay)

But that is if scaling with negative max actually scales that way too
  20. Soulbanshee Augur

You need to reference what you are looking at. A bug in which way?
    minimind likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.