Go to buff list memorized?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Cheatmeal, Jul 9, 2023.

1. Cheatmeal Professional Noob since 1999.

So I'm playing a beastlord, is there a "you need these self buffs" list somewhere? At 45 there's quite a few for me and some for the warden and its impossible to have them memorized all at once.

It's a bit overwhelming and for every level there's more spells being added
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

/outputfile missingspells
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Do you mean which to memorize on your spell bar to cast or which to buy?

To buy just go to the merchants in POK library - they are on find for your class - like beastlord spells etc and there are npc who will sell you the spells for most all up to level 85. Or you can look at this link https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spelllist.html?name=&type=bst&level=1&opt=And Higher&action=search

Then you have to go to other zones or quest to get those spells

If your talking about which you should be using as a beastlord these might help

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/dear-beastlord-mains.281024/

https://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=217.0

I will say this though, after reading thru many many guides for a couple different classes I have found that what others recommend does not always fit in my play style. So I usually experiment with self buffs, weapons etc and use what works for me.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

You can see spells by category by right clicking an empty spell slot and going through the menus there. Just use the highest level of each line from each category, though some buffs won't stack especially with other class buffs. You'll know spells are the same line because you'll get an upgrade every 5 levels (unless the line doesn't get upgraded).

You dont need to keep self buffs memorized in the spellbar all the time. Memorize the buffs you want, then right click the spellbar at the bottom to save a spellset. Memorize the spells you want for fighting, then save as a different spellset. When you need to buff, right click and load the buff spellset. When you need to fight, rightc lick and load the fighting spellset.
  5. Cheatmeal Professional Noob since 1999.

Well, mainly what buffs to use. Some seem redundant but maybe they are not. I buy all spells that are available at every level and if I'm going for an exp session I buy all spells for 3 levels and carry them with me just in case I need them. I have a couple of different sets saved already, altho I tend to forget to switch set between buffing sessions and end up just autoattacking and kicking my enemies to death while my merc is tanking.
    Grove and CatsPaws like this.
  6. Koshk Augur

Around level 45, your buffs will look something like this:
    • Spirit of Wolf run speed for both you and pet.
    • Spiritual Brawn for both you and pet.
    • Your latest pet Haste buff.
    • Pet spell proc buff (pick your best one, probably Spirit of Scorpion. Be careful later, some procs have a Stun component, making your pet always steal aggro)
    • Spiritual Light (mana regen) for you.
    • If you are not capped on Strength, Dex, Stamina, Agility, then buff yourself with one of those.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Cheatmeal Professional Noob since 1999.

Perfect, this was very helpful. Will sit down and look over the spells properly. No chance that I am maxing any stats yet at 48 but will keep that in mind as well.
    Grove likes this.
  8. Hegsheoshed Augur

To be more specific click right click on the spell book icon at the bottom of your spell bar to bring up the menu for saving, loading, deleting spell sets. Make a spell set for your combat set, name it and be consistent so you can make a hotkey with that saved spell set and use the command /memspellset spellsetnamehere. You can name your spellset Clobberin Time instead of spellsetnamehere or whatever you like. Using the right click on the spell book icon to save a spell set will also show add a new spellset. Make a /memspellset hotkey for your pet buffs after you make the spellset.
    CatsPaws likes this.