New Class/Race combinations for the 25th Anniversary?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mossypelt, Jul 5, 2023.

1. mossypelt Journeyman

I know the 25th anniversary TLP is likely to be the focus, but would it be possible/likely that we might get something along expanding the race/class combinations for people burned out by TLPs and just want some new thing to do? New combos always attract attention and interest.

What would be the combo you'd like to play the most?
    From a theme/lore point of view - Iksar Berserker or Halfling Bard would be my choice. There's always the much requested Gnome Monk or Ranger too... :D
    Cronar likes this.
  2. Ryvik New Member

My most wanted in order: Froglok Beastlord, Barbarian Paladin, Halfling Bard, Half Elf Shadow knight (specifically bertox from qeynos) , and Vah Shir Druid.
    mossypelt likes this.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

Dwarf monk.
  4. mossypelt Journeyman

Oh i'd be down for a Froglok Beastlord! What would you like the pet to be? Tadpole probably isn't an option but then we did get shrubs for wood Elves.... so i guess anything is an option potentially! Maybe Maggot/lamprey or Mosquito/Beetle?
    Ryvik likes this.
  5. Cronar Elder

Glad to see others are for new combos. I am hopeful that the devs will explore and possibly implement the next progression server with the any race any class rules that can be found in eq2.

If they aren't willing to go that far, i would love to see the fatties and uglies get some love in the form of necromancers and clerics.

Also would like to see human shaman.
  6. Ryvik New Member

I'd be down for a fire beetle as a Froglok Beastlord pet. Or one of those bright yellow spiders that runs around their noob grounds.
  7. Hekaton Augur

8. Soulbanshee Augur

And they specifically told us at the 15th anniversary that all the available slots were used up adding those 2. To change it they would have to update the array size EVERYWHERE class/race is referenced at, which is a good portion of the game so it's a huge feat and a very risky endeavor. You can keep asking, but its not going to change the core function of the game. EQ was not built on a dynamic class/race reference.
  9. Retty Lorekeeper

in the short time I played again, I didn't see a single wood elf beastlord.

I expect something goofy like a halfling berserker next.
  10. FYAD Augur

In all honesty, a single new race/class combo is not going to improve the core gameplay at all. So if you're already bored of the core TLP gameplay, doing this won't keep your interest.

I have an alt that is a wood elf BL.

a halfling berserker is just any regular race berserker swinging a halfling instead of an axe
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think it makes as much or more sense to open up tradeskills to all races/classes.
    Marton likes this.
  12. Knifen Augur

I want some crossbreeding flair.

Iksar Gnome All/All
    Iksar Dwarf All/All

A little bearded iksar doing barrel rolls would be great.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Vah Shir Monk

Vah Shir are already shaman and those 2 classes were brought together to create the beastlord. Beastlords already wear leather and have the same animations as monks.
  14. Cadira Augur

Idk, vah Shir don't follow any religion which is kinda centric around monk lore right?
  15. Pintoy 3 Journeyman

Dark Elf Ranger. Drizzt!!
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

this is precisely the reason why dark elf ranger should never, ever be an allowed race/class combination
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Are you saying shaman don't follow religion as they can be Vah Shir?
  18. Cadira Augur

Kinda, they more commune with spirits of their ancestors not so much follow a religion based on them.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Human monks are allowed to be agnostic, so I dont see that religion should be a limitation.
  20. Kirab Lorekeeper

No, if you choose human monk from qeynos you have to choose agnostic. So that fits with Vah shirts forced agnostic as well.

Human monk from Freeport is quelliois I believe.