[request] Vaniki Delevelling NPC

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yinla, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With many of the achievements on Vaniki being a bit rough with the gear available at the level the achivements are set can we get a delevelling NPC to allow players to delevel easily rather than having to kill themselves over and over and over.....

If I remember correctly many moons ago CSHome had an NPC which would change guides levels after saying something to it. Is it possible to adapt that NPC for use on Vaniki? Gear on Vaniki already has required levels removed so gear scales. All that would be needed is for the NPC to remember what the level of the char was before they delevelled.

IF successful this could maybe used as a mechanic on all servers to play with lower level chars rather than the shroud system which only scales to level 70? 75? It would also allow players to play their own chars with recognisable spells and AA.
  2. Enki117 New Member

Big Like. Upvoted.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

I think this is a good idea for Vaniki and while it has uses on other servers I'll be real surprised if they spent time on it sadly.
  4. Magician9001 Augur

All 6 of us on Vaniki want this
    Koshk likes this.
  5. Vicus Augur

They stopped caring on this server 60 days into it. They stopped actually doing anything on this server the day Omens dropped. When the top guild on the server was only able to get Cragbeast down to 92%, during an era where this was the only way to get the achievement, you knew then and there that they did zero testing. Devs realized right then that the amount of work required to keep this server working as intended and fix, wasn't worth their energy.

Sadly, if they just spent the time required to fix the server to make it what it was suppose to be, they would of had a good amount of happy players on the server. But instead they have been focusing on the Oakwynn server instead...and that does not appear to be something I would place in the "Win" column. Two years of poorly implemented wonky ideas.
    Koshk likes this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Perhaps all Priests of Discord on every server could offer this as a service.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Barton The Mischievous

/\
    This
    Yinla likes this.
  8. modsiw Augur

Devs,

Please.
  9. AethDW Elder

This would be a great change for Vaniki.

However, it's probably too far gone at this point after fundamentally changing the facts presented in the server's Q&A and the major draw midway through the server like they did. Just in general their dev lifecycle is too slow to support these special rulesets. By the time some problem comes up in an expansion, there's just not time to implement a fix before that TLP is past that expansion to begin with. Some of this stuff needs to be better thought out before the servers with unique rule sets are released.

Besides not fixing the corruption cures problem (which seemed to have killed the last guild seriously attempting to push out of era raid content) in a timely enough manner to be useful, if they want to do another underleveled / achievement server, they should make it so that

1) any toon that's already got the achievement corrupts the DZ the same as a high level one does now
    2) limit how much out of era gear can be worn in an achievement raid to like +15 levels

rather than make the achievement limited to one per account and not useable on TLPs. That would make the rewards a significant enough challenge that you can't just use ridiculously out of era gear to steam roll them and not be able to repeatedly carry groups through it with super geared hard carries.
  10. kenmei Augur

PoD is your huckleberry.
  11. kenmei Augur

they do, swing at them.
  12. •Obss• Journeyman

If you want those achievements you should've gotten them before leveling up. I too wish I partied much more when I was in college, but now those days are gone and now I can't go back.
  13. Agrippa Augur

I would absolutely love it if it were reasonably possible to play progressively prior to 51st level. Why the devs here push bottomfeeding upon every player so hard baffles me. There's just no optional experience toggle available prior to the firework glyph AA. Even on Oakwynd, how many entire areas and regions are completely trivial at 50th level. It takes over 120 deaths just to delevel from 6th back to 5th. Sacrifice doesn't work properly on characters below 46th level, too. If they make something like this possible, I hope that they have the sense to make it available on every server. Overleveling and forced bottomfeeding is a problem that exists for every server.
  14. samenye Lorekeeper

This would be a great feature on all servers. There are several characters I don't play any more because they reached levels I don't find fun. An alternative would be a Vanguard-style ability to temporarily delevel. We sort of had this with the DoD shrouds, but they never got any love and are now worse than useless.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This one thing I don't agree with. If a guild mate misses an achievement for whatever reason, RL stuff, full raid, etc then the rest of the guild who want to help would have to level and gear up another char to help them get the achievement.

Back in the early days of the server we ran raids as soon as the lockout timers were up to make sure everyone got their achievements. There wasn't a lot of time during the early unlocks to level multi chars unless you had multi comps and could box.
    Barton likes this.