Post-Launch NoS AA changes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fistix, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Fistix New Member

2. gnomeboss Augur

3. kizant Augur

Good question.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

The dev who works on AA was seemingly eaten by a shark. Complete disappearance and no replies by DBG staff after dozens of requests for updates on the PROMISED ability updates.
    Rexa likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

Pretty sure that list of issues got tossed in the trash the day after NoS went live and were never thought about again. And they won't be discussed until the NEXT beta period, when we'll get some sort of "oh, we'll take a look once all this expansion stuff is over" response...like they do every year.

What they need is an actual issue tracker...you know, like they used to have. These "confirmed" and "more info needed" tags are next to useless because we can't see any progress. Literally anyone with forum moderator priviledges can slap those on a post and forget about them.

With the old issue tracker, you could see when someone opened up your bug ticket and they would make comments and you could see what sort of testing they were doing, letting you know they were actually working on it. They would actually post the steps they were doing to try and reproduce your issue.

I think that's why they got rid of it, because it was too easy to see when they weren't doing anything.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

It was ran by someone else on a public system, and DBG had permissions to post stuff and link to their internal system, and that person stopped paying for it.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Absolutely nothing stopping Daybreak from doing their own issue tracker system.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

They do, internally. And the system of the bug report forum and tagging was the compromise when the public system was shut down.
  9. Hekaton Augur

I mean everyone at darkpaw wears many different hats but we don’t hear a peep out of the AA dev for 9 months on issues that are promised to be actively worked on is kinda bogus
    Fenthen and Velisaris_MS like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I can see the AA guy having a hard time in beta this year due to not doing any post NoS work.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

And that's different from any other beta how?

It's almost as if the devs get memblurred right after an expansion drops, so that when it comes time to work on the new expansion, they completely forget any work done on previous expansions and literally have to start from scratch on everything.
    Fenthen, Ozon and Tatanka like this.
  12. Ozon Augur

Which is really strange considering it will all be copy/paste of current AA + 5-10%, something new would be nice.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Angahran Augur

When in the last decade+ did anyone get anything that wasn't a copy&paste ?
  14. kizant Augur

What I'd like to see is a class balance road map. It doesn't have to be super specific but just something to let us know when they can allocate time and which class they may be able to work on during which months. Maybe a list of proposed or potential changes but that's less important. Just knowing that something is in progress would be helpful.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We must be close to the time they allocate to evaluate and adjust and set the AAs for the new expansion.

It would be nice if the AA dev returned to Eldroths way of discussing with the community AAs for the next expansion and class issues.

Maybe the CRC could help by starting threads for each class to find out what is requested. Something the dev can look at and say yes or no to, or even maybe.
  16. Ozon Augur

I know you are being serious, the only thing that comes to mind for me, and I think this barely falls under the time limit, was the pet bomb spell line for SKs. It could have been alot of fun, but as usual was seriously underpowered.
    TsiawdMS likes this.