Day 1 Rubicite would make future TLPs better.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WokeCat, Jun 22, 2023.

1. WokeCat Augur

Does anyone disagree with this?

People I've talked to said that it doesn't drop because it's not supposed to drop yet, but that doesn't make any sense, because class armor replaced Rubicite, and we have class armor on day 1.

I think it would make CT a more fun leveling experience (CT was completely empty on Oakwynd at launch, and still is from what I can tell). Mobs could still drop Ravenscale and Dark Forge stuff; I'm sure Rogues and SKs would appreciate the ability to suddenly get groups there and possibly get t heir class armor while also having a chance at the illustrious Rubicite armor.
  2. Lynada Journeyman

Another reason why mischief had the superior ruleset, we had rubicite until kunark launch
  3. Servers_are_Down Error 404: Server status not found.

4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Not opposed to the change at all, but I doubt that would be enough to convince groups to deal with all the healers and runners in CT vs the EZMode that is Guk.
  5. Grau Elder

I spent levels 25-41 in CT trying to kill the Crusaders to do Darkforge. Healers and such weren't that bad to deal with. The loot is horrible though unless you are a SK, or one of the three rogues on the server.

I've done full Crafted, Lambent, and Darkforge armor on Oakwynd and Darkforge was by faaaar the worst of those three. Although I probably shouldn't complain because some others (Cleric and Ranger maybe?) look worse.
  6. Lineater Augur

This reminds me of how chaotic CT was in OG vanilla before they removed rubicite. Zone was always packed, people fighting over spawns, constant trains. Everyone wanted that shiny red plate.

I'd be all for bringing even a fraction of that madness back. It is weird that it doesn't drop day one, since AFAIK rubicite was in OG vanilla from day one? How long has it been this way?

From what I remember rubicite was originally removed because of the problems it caused between players (same reason jboots were removed from Najena). So, maybe the thinking was to hold back rubicite until people had class armor and planes gear, making rubicite less valuable and thus less contested. Nowadays though, however many TLPs later, with optimal leveling paths, faster leveling, increased player knowledge, AoC's, picks, etc...I don't see rubicite being overly problematic.
  7. jeskola pheerie

This suggestion makes a ton of sense, so expect it to go ignored
    Gnomie likes this.