New Superiour banners

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greymantle, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Greymantle Augur

Soo where are they? Or is the 'normal' powered banner changed to this? None on the guild banner vender.
  2. Riou EQResource

It uses the same material as the other one, but it is bugged atm probably stat wise
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Go to Plane of Knowledge to the guild building and buy from the merchant there at least one Guild Banner Materials. If you have permission to plant a banner for your guild, open the Guild Window and go to the Banner tab.

There you will see a list of banners you can place. Pick Superior Standard. Click the Place button.

If you have a total of at least 12 guild members near you in a zone you can plant a banner in, done.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

So ... is it still the same bugged mess that was on Test or were they able to make it work?
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Szilent Augur

parts of the boost are not as boosty as appears intended
  6. Fian Augur

To be honest, I would have taken a different approach to a banner that is supposed to make raid encounters easier:
    1. Reduce the hp for all mobs in the instance, let's say by 20%
    2. Increase the hp of all players in instance by 20%.

I think those 2 items would sufficiently make a raid easier, and would not introduce new balancing issues for raid dps. Granted, my first item, hp reduction is probably not a mechanic that is currently supported by EQ.

One other comment - is there any drawback to using the superior banner? It seems strange that easy mode and hard mode have the same result - why ever use hard mode?
    Fenthen and Windance like this.
  7. Cadman Elder

Yep - why break the tradition of ignoring bug reports on test and just chucking it on live anyway?
    Fenthen, Qimble, Moege and 1 other person like this.
  8. Szilent Augur

Test server deployment has the purpose of verifying, to the extent that Test Server's population can, that the new banner doesn't represent an existential threat to the game. It doesn't cause game/zone/world/server crashes or literal fires( :eek: ). Some bugs were caught, and remedied (the missing +stats lines). Other stuff can be handled when it's handled.
    minimind likes this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Better or worse than the old one?
  10. Windance Augur

Right now its a mixed bag.

Superior gives about 50-60k HP on my monk,

but ...

drops ac/mitigation by 95 points,
    lower hp, mana, endurance regen,
    lower heroic stats, ( ~200 points across the board )
    and lower resist mods.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

It was just brought up on Monday, fixes won't be added after design lock which is likely what happened.
  12. Cadman Elder

Sounds like 1 week between Test and Live patch, isn't close to long enough then
    Yinla and Tatanka like this.
  13. Szilent Augur

delaying features & changes by months to chase down non game breaking bugs would frustrate nearly everyone much more than an occasional bug slipping through
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If the bug isn't reported until just before the live patch there isn't much that can be done regardless of how long it sits on test.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I disagree. A lot. And I think many others do, too.

If you couldn't push the feature til the bugs were fixed, you'd have incentive to get them fixed. If you push the feature with the bugs, then there's no incentive to get them fixed in a timely manner.
    Cadman, Kaenneth and Fian like this.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

The new UI was on Test for nearly 2 months and they STILL didn't fix anything and released broken features to live. The amount of testing time is irrelevant if the devs aren't willing to actually fix things during that time. They could have a month to test each patch, but it would still be useless if they don't actually fix anything.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

If you don't like the stats of SupBanner, use EmpBanner.

You have choice. Exercise it.
  18. Svann2 The Magnificent

This is true. It should be a month on test.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. FYAD Augur

That would be entirely too logical.
    Metanis likes this.
  20. Ismel Augur

it very much is already in game enc aura
    [14649] Wake of Atrophy Aura Effect Rk. III
    Target: Single (If Type 410)
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s