Things the AFK Botters/Boxers Dont' Want you to Know.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, Jun 13, 2023.

1. TLP Addict Augur

Feel free to chip in with your own useful tips to help the poor and downtrodden Johnny Cash style.

1. Most are nowhere near as attentive or as skilled as you may have been lead to believe. They rely on you believing that because they have a character sitting on the spawn they are actively camping that mob. Often they are not and are just letting the mob hit them and letting the pet killing the mob for them. Make an effort to beat them to lock the encounter and you will succeed a lot of the time.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky.

2. Some but not all of the items they are AFK camping are lore.

Even if you lose the encounter lock there is a possibility that they can't auto loot the item due to it being lore. Wait for the corpse to hit 14:50 or so and you might be able to scoop the item you want for free.

3. Loot right sellers don't always find buyers, many will give up and leave the item on corpse. see #2 where you can just scoop it up at 14:50 when the corpse becomes lootable by all. Not always the case though, some will destroy before letting it rot.

4. Most will sell you the item for half or less of their asking price, it's not even a difficult haggle, they are always under time pressure (30 minutes until rot) to sell their stuff and will usually take your lowball offer if inventory is moving too slowly and you stick to your offer.

5. If nobody buys their stuff, they have no reason to exist in this game.
    Overcast451 and gunstar like this.
  2. KobalWR Lorekeeper

This! Go earn your gear. You don't need to buy any stuff in Classic, and camping your own gear will make it far more satisfying.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  3. Hashire New Member

If you sneak up invis on a botter, and just /say "Hmmmm, Recording:)" they magically log out after a few minutes too. Neat magic trick
    Xangeon66 and TLP Addict like this.
  4. Elabone Augur

What part of any of the things you listed has to do with botters/boxers?
    You spoke about 1 toon afk on a spawn killing a mob with a pet. Thats literally neither?
    Unless im missing a massive part of your post, I feel like youre confused about those 2 terms.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Yes
  6. Elabone Augur

Would you care to elaborate?
    You made an entire post about it, but nowhere in the post do you describe behavior of botting, or from what I can tell, boxing.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I see a bunch of bad players whining about being bad players. Oh well, you can wait yet another year for another TLP on the hopes and dreams that you won't be a bad player again, next year, but I suspect you whine about the same things next year.
  8. Makin Apprentice

I guess being a good player = making a mage ( easies class to play on classic) leveling up a little, buying a water pet. and AFKing on camp
  9. Gheed Is not reading your response

These are some amazing tips, thank you!
  10. Hythos Augur

Just open trade with a bot and it locks their target onto you - they also cannot send in pets.
    Most bots are not run by actual EQ players, so they don't know the game, nor how to disable trading. They also don't read these forums.
  11. Gareldar New Member

They are too busy playing the game to be on these forums.