Disappearing Overseer Exp

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Free2Play1999, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Hi,
    I have 2 F2P characters. One that I leveled to 115 and put a Krono on it to get the autogrant and to pick up some AAs while I could during that month. After the month the getting of AA xp ended as it should and I kept all the AAs that I earned during that month. When I collected Overseer Xp on this toon, it immediately went to my Merc AAs, just as it should. That worked great.
    The second toon got to 115 and never used a Krono. Even though this character has less than the alloted 250 aa that a F2P character can get, it never gains AAxp. I understand that is the way it should work. I'm fine with that too. But, it also doesn't gain Merc AA xp either. The experience just disappears. He isn't sharing xp in a Fellowship either. So, is there something I'm missing? Why would the one F2P character be allowed Merc AA Xp while the other one doesn't?

Thanks
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Merc AA doesn't matter F2P or All Access, does not use the player AA limits or the player exp to AA setting. Mercs also do not take away from character exp pool, and is not impacted by fellowship sharing.

For Overseer and player AA, if you are selecting "Character Experience" then there is no AA exp regardless of your sub and AA cap. There are also no separate character AA rewards in Overseer.

For Overseer and merc AA, if you are selecting "Character Experience" then your merc must be unsuspended to get merc exp. If you are selecting "Mercenary Experience" then it doesn't matter if merc is suspended or unsuspended to get merc exp.

You can only gain merc exp in combat while the merc is out. If the merc is left on passive more than 15 minutes once passive is activated, then you will start not getting any platinum subtracted so you may as well keep the merc unsispended as long as there is space in the group.
    Free2Play1999 likes this.
  3. Gialana Augur

All great information except quest rewards, including Overseer "Character Experience" selection no longer require your mercenary be unsuspended. I think you don't even need to own a mercenary to gain mercenary AA when a quest reward gives character experience.
  4. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Right, I forgot to first mention that on both characters I did not have a mercenery out. I very rarely use one. So, the one character was collecting Merc AA experience just fine without a mercenery being out /activated.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

That got changed a long time ago. You don't need to have your merc out to get merc AA when you choose the Character XP option.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. Bernel Augur

Is 115 the max your account can achieve? Is one character maxed at 115 while the other still has a way to go?
  7. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Yes. 115 is the current max for F2P, unless I want to purchase the latest expansion.
    They are both level 115 and all the way to 99.999% of that level.
  8. Bernel Augur

Ok. I was thinking that maybe if your XP was maxed, then maybe the merc exp would poof.

Another possibility is that your merc AA bank is full. I think the max you can have banked at 115 is 55 merc AAs. How many unused merc AAs does that character have and how full is the merc AA bar?
  9. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Thanks. Good questions.
    My Merc AA bank is empty. Maybe 2 or 3 here or there from those overseer stealth quests that specifically give you Merc AA Exp but mostly empty.
    The Merc AA bar is only at about 15% and hasn't gained anything else.
  10. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Hello Friends,
    I was able to solve my own problem so I just wanted to add this in case someone else has the same issue.
    So, even though I don't use a Merc you still need to have one.
    I went and got the cheapest easiest one I could find by the Crescent Reach stone in PoKnowledge. After that I tested it a tiny bit.
    I found out that as long as you have it, even suspended, you can get Merc experience through Overseer exp. I also tested it by getting him, then dismissing/getting rid of him. After getting rid of him I didn't get Overseer Exp. It always says I got Exp, but none of my experience bars moved. So, I got the Merc again and did my Overseer quest and got experience.
    So, the end result is, if you want to collect Overseer Merc AA experience, you need to have one out or in suspended mode.
    I hope this helps someone else.
    Bernel likes this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

12. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Thanks. Sometimes I think Overseer Experience works in it's own ways. Like, you can get regular level experience from it but not regular AA experience from it. And, like I found out, Mercenery experience too.
    CatsPaws likes this.