Is there a way to make the size of the text in chat larger?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Forsh, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Forsh New Member

On my laptop the text is so tiny I can barely read it. Checked in options and can't seem to find any way to make the font larger, am I overlooking something or does this not exist without some sort of UI change? My UI is just the default install.
  2. Monkeychunks Augur

Chat text you can make larger by right clicking in the text area (where you would type) and from the drop down you would select "chat size" then from that drop down whichever you want
    KarmaKitty, Flatchy and Forsh like this.
  3. Beardsy Elder

/ChatFontsize 1-10
    or /ChatF 1-10 for short.

I use /ChatF 6 and I play at 5120x1440 on a 49" screen.
  4. Bailen Augur

Do you have it on full screen on your ultrawide? Whenever I do that, it just takes a 16:9 picture and stretches it out. I have to use windowed mode.
  5. Herf Augur

Sadly the chat font size change will not help with button titles, item lore, etc.

This problem is particuarly bad on laptops. The game, and we, are old enought that Dpaw should start considering fixing this problem to maintain subscriptions of us who are in the final third of our lifetimes.
  6. Emilari UI Designer

Um... why do you think they're porting the UI to a new engine? If you increase the windows scale from 1.0 to something larger, the text size will also increase on the windows that have been ported over. They are actively working on it.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Herf Augur

Hopefully so. But so far the UI work has been a CF.
    Thaargor Blademaster likes this.