Confirmed New UI - Bags open behind the Inventory Window

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ozadar, May 17, 2023.

1. Ozadar Elder

Annoying as hell. Had to constantly close my inventory window to go through my bags. Also, at half window, some of my bags would not even open unless I moved them around in the inventory.

Ozadar of Zek
    Ascending Dawn
    J'bone, Brenye, CambarDenten and 17 others like this.
  2. alanus Augur

I am having this issue, too
    J'bone likes this.
  3. Shenanigans Journeyman

already multiple threads. Making MORE threads on a given bug only makes it harder to track. Bugreport FU is- find relevant to your issue posting, add a LIKE to the OP. Ths gets dev attantion, threads with lots of likes. Many threads with 1 like each will not get anyone's attention.
    J'bone likes this.
  4. Shenanigans Journeyman

5. Firedawwg New Member

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Thu May 18 02:05:21 2023

Character: Level 108 Ranger (Main)
    Zone: Arx Mentis

Description: New windows are popping up behind inventory windows. For example, the loot all, are you sure? window pops up behind the inventory window when looting a mob's corpse.
    Conq, Elenderil, Balm and 2 others like this.
  6. Xeri New Member

The inventory window stays stuck on top of anything else.
    bank window
    bug report window
    parcel window
    pet window
    merc window
    hot bars
    target
    chat windows

window selector seems to be the only thing that will over overlay it
    and the window selector also stays on top of every other window even if you click on the bank etc to come to the top.

So now when I do my banking I cannot easily autoinventory anything because I have to get rid of the inventory window to see any of my bags in my bank.
    Carden likes this.
  7. Xeri New Member

When trying to consume a krono the pop up window to eat the krono stays behind the inventory window making it appear as if consuming the krono did nothing.
    Carden likes this.
  8. Xeri New Member

When opening a piece of gear container to craft the gear it also pops open behind the inventory hiding it with no way to bring it to the front other than closing the inventory.

When going to a vendor it pops open the merchant window and the inventory window both and the inventory window stays stuck on top unable to see any of the items being sold.
    Carden likes this.
  9. Xeri New Member

When trying to swap a bunch of augs with new gear, the gear item window stays behind the inventory window which is super annoying because you need the inventory window available to open the multiple pieces of gear to compare/swap augs around.
    Carden likes this.
  10. Hamshire Augur

I made a non detailed post about this in the new ui issue thread but I think this problem is a big enough issue to warrant its own thread so here goes.

There are a lot of pop-up windows in this game that most might not realize because at this point we just go through them with the motions however these pop-up windows contain crucial information for newer players and as a warning to not make mistakes and the UI is currently blocking these windows leading to confusion and most likely false bug reports.

When you go to loot a raid item, a window pops up asking if your sure? The same thing happens when trying to remove an aug, buy a item with currency, ect, ect. Currently all of these windows are now being blocked by the inventory screen.

This is leading people to relogging, zoning, asking for help in general meanwhile the window was there the whole time just blocked behind your inventory screen. Yes some have these windows off to the side but a lot do not and until this is fixed more and more players will be logging in thinking they cant remove augs or loot an item because they can't find the conformation window that has been stuck behind there inventory screen the whole time.
    Nenton, Balm, Carden and 2 others like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I had the same issue trying to sell stuff, couldn't find the box with the number in it. :(
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Known issue that the new UI windows are always on top of all other windows. There are two workarounds until this can be fixed. One is to use the old UI windows or custom ones. The other is to move or close the new windows when they are in the way.
  13. MiataDriver Augur

Known to DBG long before they pushed this crap to the live servers too, reported by folks on Test, ignored.
    Koshk likes this.
  14. Ratalthor Developer

This issue should be fixed once we finish converting the remaining containers windows.
    Emilari and Nennius like this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any ETA on that?
    Koshk and sojuu like this.
  16. sojuu Augur

Will this include pop up confirmation windows such as confirming to loot? Also please do not forget to include cast bars. I rely heavily on seeing the cast bar on my bard. sometimes songs lock like they are still playing when they are not and have to click a song to reset it.
  17. sojuu Augur

A full 10 days of being posted with windows making the game annoying as hell to play.
  18. sojuu Augur

Still nothing done. At least allow other windows to go on top of it once moved there. There is no reason it should always be locked in front of everything.
  19. Emilari UI Designer

They've already said several times they don't intend to do anything; this will naturally fix itself over the year as the port is completed. Your bags will display over your inventory again as soon as they port EQUI_Container.xml in one of the upcoming monthly patches and not before.

If you'd like to force EQ to revert back to the old UI (which solves the issue until such time as they port EQUI_Container.xml) you can do so by following the instructions HERE.
    Metanis likes this.
  20. sojuu Augur

Didnt realize that was up. It was just posted like 2 days ago it looks like. ty