Possible Oakwynd problem: Increased coin drop modifier

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arclyte, May 9, 2023.

1. Arclyte Augur

There is another thread around here asking devs to increase the bazaar sell limit for items on Mischief. Inflation sucks whether it's in a game or real life. Granted, Mischief had a unique problem with people vendoring the extra loot and dramatically increasing the cost of Krono and everything else.

Plat inflation is never going to go away on these servers obviously, but I don't think making it 50% worse in PoP is healthy for the game. Everything will just increase in price for everyone, and the modifier really wouldn't have changed anything.

Solutions:
    Remove the coin drop modifier in PoP - Since PoP and LoY release together, and the LoY modifier is 15% faster respawns, you can just remove the PoP modifier. (Also, I think 15% respawn rate could be bumped up a little to ~25% or so)

Change the PoP modifier to something else - I'm sure there are dozens of ideas for modifiers.

Anyone here who plays into the middle / later expacs think the flat 50% more plat is good or bad for the server?
    Lynada likes this.
  2. Arclyte Augur

[IMG]

just say no to inflation
  3. Ythera Augur

The massive plat inflation on Thornblade helped alleviate the normal woes faced when tradeskilling and for those expansions where there's a hefty cost to getting gear (GoD, DoDh last bloods onward, and soon to be SoF). Just the other day I was remarking to a friend that they should just double or triple all plat drops on future TLPs to make it easier for everyone so they don't have to spend inordinate amounts of time farming money to do things.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  4. Aziuno Augur

I feel like majority of my income comes from vendoring items, not raw coin droppage... unless obviously you are fighting mobs like sand giants, etc.
    Bailen likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The server is going to hit that price cap regardless of there being a coin drop modifier, what exactly is the harm in adding it?
  6. Blastoff Augur

Fix the baz price cap please. We can trade tens of millions of plat no reason not to make the bazaar usable on all servers. Selling items through chat is horrid, so is plat starvation but a useless bazaar is way worse.
    Bailen likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have explained in the past why they have not fixed it as it would be a large change that would impact large parts of the game and they didn't feel that the return on investment was worth it last time they talked about it.
  8. Koniku Elder

Instead of fixing the bazaar it they could just ignore it and put in a real marketboard system without the clunky 2002 tech and limitations

Its been 20 years I think being able to sell from and play on an account at the same time is not a big ask
  9. Doze Augur

Or how about if the immersion factors of EQ aren't further diminished by removing even more player/avatar to player/avatar interactions?
  10. Koniku Elder

You think it is more interactive and immersive to buy items from my lvl 1 naked alt on a second account in person than buying it straight from my acutal real character name on a marketboard, wherein you could send me a tell about pricing because it is actually under my name and I am online at the same time?
  11. Doze Augur

Yes, absolutely!
    Interacting with any avatar is far more immersive than intereacting with a spreadsheet.
    Also, we both know that I wouldn't be buying it from your main anyway - it would still be one of your lvl1 mules selling it on the "marketboard", since you can't farm new Lore items if you are still holding the old ones ...
    Of course, you can already browse and buy items from the Bazaar via a "marketboard" (of sorts).

On top of that then plenty of regular players (read: non-farmers) use their mains to sell stuff in the Bazaar when they are not playing.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Koniku Elder

Why do you think I am a farmer? You assume alot of things.

I want to sell items when people are online buying items, this is also when I play the game oddly enough. I cannot sell items on my main with the current system. It is a bad system.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I mean you can already send items straight to your parcels without even stepping in bazaar, that genie is already out of the bottle.
  14. Doze Augur

Yes, but you can't do that without having an actual avatar seller somewhere in the game(Bazaar).
    In a world with lightning speed bards, item summoning and translocating wizards/druids then I don't per say have a problem with an instant delivery service. Just knowing that there is an avatar in the other end that I could have gone to as well makes enough of a difference to maintain the immersion (for me at least - although I know that some people curse and want to get rid of the Bazaar entirely ... and want to return to a solely CL tunnel market model again).

Also, I already said as much myself in the very same post that you cherrypicked the quote from.
  15. Doze Augur

And so you can - with the current system even.
    Go to the bazaar and set up your main as a vendor whenever the people you imagine will buy your goods are online.
    Or if you want to sell stuff when in the field then have someone deliver or pick up the goods from where you are.
    Also, parcel NPCs already exist.

Maintaining immersion for the masses in an MMORPG is far more important than adding even more largely unwanted and unneeded easification conveniences just to appease a few lazy players.
  16. Ythera Augur

I think there's a major disconnect between you and reality in how many people want 'immersion' over greater conveniences.
  17. Doze Augur

The disconnect is all yours.
    All the RPGs that have appeared over the years that failed in one way or another to provide sufficient immersion have all failed and are no longer around - and are all almost entirely forgotten.
    But I do wonder why people (like you) - that don't want, like or seemingly even understand the importance of immersion in an RPG - are ever playing RPGs at all - let alone EverQuest.
  18. Ythera Augur

Yeah, you're right. Everquest has that immersion and is the most popular MMORPG. My mistake. Other MMORPGs like WoW that lack that immersion are failing.
  19. Doze Augur

Heh, you clearly don't have a clue what immersion even is.