I cannot enter (inside EQ) now

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by GuarLo, May 23, 2023.

1. GuarLo New Member

With the "new engine".

I stay playing EQ since 2002, aprox.

I cannot enter, cause a fail with eqgame.exe

ITS because of you, i dont change anything in my system,

Issuse is for the UPDATE.

[IMG]
  2. Gialana Augur

Unfortunately, I don't know the solution for the issue you're seeing. However, I recommend editing your post, removing the image, and uploading a different version of the image that hides your username.
    Fanra, Madeni and Fenthen like this.
  3. Drewie Augur

Are you using Windows 7 by chance ? Updating to Service Pack 1 and installing subsequent Windows patches has been reported to fix a crash. But since you said you don't want to change anything in your system, you could look for error code 0xc000007b on a search engine.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. GuarLo New Member

I try with 2 different systems.

With windows 7, and windows 8.

BOTH cannot enter.

I can "remplace" manually eqgame.exe to a OLD same file, previous to that LAST PACTH, then run it perfect....

Of course the server "know" that happen, and close that, ( staying online ) and run again Everquest.exe for re-path.

THE fail is from UPDATE, they cannot use new DirectX engines, because not all people use WINDOWS 11, or that.

I can use ANY system that i want. ....OF COURSE.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

6. GuarLo New Member

Its NOT WORKING
  7. Monkeychunks Augur

Ok I am sure you won't do this but after I googled your error I came up with many many posts both for this game and otherwise.

This is one explanation
    Usually, a 0xc000007b Windows error is the result of corrupt app files. It also might happen because of a conflict between 32-bit and 64-bit versions of software and Windows operating systems.

So here are two links to some hopefully helpful sites that may fix your problem. I do not have this error, so I have not tried any of these - that is up to you to make that decisions

For Everquest
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/0xc000007b-error.280964/

For General help with that error

https://www.howtogeek.com/874113/how-to-fix-the-0xc000007b-error-on-windows/

I think from what I am reading in both of those is that you will need to fix this yourself. The CS and GM cannot fix your computer for you.
  8. GuarLo New Member

You cannot TRANSFORM a game coming from 1999, into a "ONLY EXCLUSIVE" 64bits, because POTATO.

If i want new games, i will BUY new games.

I BUY everquest, not games from 2023 it needs ULTRA expensive computers.

Players of EQ, we need BACKWARD compatibility.

So, update that.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

EverQuest is trying to move forward with technology. That means Windows 10 (an OS that's 8+ years old) or Windows 11 is what you should be running with. Any OS before then has hit end of life for support.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

DO YOU EVEN HAVE 32 BIT WINDOWS?

Everquest works fine on Windows 8 - I have that myself. Others have posted on here they are using windows 7 and it still works, not all of us have the money to put into new(er) computers that run Windows 11 or cannot update to it on current computers for whatever reason.

To find out on Win 7 if you have 32 bit:

1. Click the Start menu.
    2. Type system in the Search Programs and Files field, and then click System in the Programs.
      Note:
      Do not press ENTER after typing system. Wait until the search has generated its list.
    3. The operating system appears as follows:
      • For a 64-bit version operating system: “64-bit Operating System” appears as the System type under System.
      • For a 32-bit version operating system: “32-bit Operating System” appears as the System type under System.
  11. GuarLo New Member

I will NOT PLAY EVERQUEST until you repair ALL that HORRIBLE things.

Everquest is FOR ALL PEOPLE, not only for RICHs.

I say.
  12. Emilari UI Designer

1) It's not about being wealthy; you still can play EQ on a $100-150 CAD (Canadian Dollar) computer - a potato. It just has to be a new potato. It's normal to expect to have to acquire a new Operating System and/or Computer around every 5 years. If your computers are still running Windows 7 or Windows 8, they are much older than that and need to be upgraded or you need to self-fix the issue.

2) There have been major advancements in computing over the past few years and a lot of old back-end OS technology is being universally phased out; not just by Darkpaw, but by Microsoft, Apple, Google, Linux, Nvidia, AMD, Intel, etc. This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened in the computing world (they phased out MS-DOS back in 2001 for example). These companies phasing out the back-end stuff is forcing Darkpaw to upgrade or to close their business. They chose to upgrade, which is a very good thing for us players.

3) 32 bit applications are one of these things that either have already been phased out (Microsoft, Apple, Android), or are in the process of being phased out (Linux, Chrome/Chromium) in the next year or so. Microsoft stopped selling 32 bit OS's back in 2020; this is not new news. That is why the 64 bit server upgrade happened (and not just for EQ, but other MMO's like SWTOR, and BDO also made the switch in the past year).

4) We've already been running on exclusively 64 bit servers that require you to have a 64 bit computer to play for over a year now (since February 15, 2022). If you have played in the past year, you have a 64 bit computer which makes complaining about it now pointless.

5) DirectX 9, just like the 32 bit applications mentioned above, is no longer natively supported by any graphics card provider, with intel being the last to give up native support in August 2022. The upgrade to DirectX11 later this year is required to keep the game functioning going forwards. This update hasn't happened yet though, so I also find it very odd that you're complaining about it as it's not the problem.

6) The error (as others have pointed out above) isn't anything to do with Darkpaw Games and everything to do with files in your Operating System being corrupt. It's between you and Microsoft to fix the issue; not Darkpaw.

7) Windows 7 hasn't been supported by Microsoft since January 14, 2020. Windows 8 hasn't been supported by Microsoft since January 12, 2016. Windows 8.1 hasn't been supported by Microsoft since January 10, 2023. Good luck convincing Microsoft trying to help you since it's an operating system they no longer support; which means it's really up to you to fix (or to purchase a new computer). Microsoft gives years worth of advanced notice to everyone when they have picked an "end of life" date for an Operating System; this is not new news.

8) The only Microsoft Operating Systems currently supported by Microsoft are Windows 10 (until October 14, 2025), and Windows 11 (no end-of-life date set yet; likely around 2030).
    Metanis and Nennius like this.
  13. Metanis Bad Company

Marvelous response, much more than the OP deserved.
  14. Monkeychunks Augur

All we know from OP CAP RANTS is that he is using Win 7 and 8. Its suspected he might have 32 bit but he has not said so and it would not make sense because he was playing prior to the patch.

Windows 7/8 do work fine for many many other players. He has not said what troubleshooting he has done and there have been many suggestions.

I believe his anger is getting in the way of anyone helping him. Or him listening.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

this thread has a smell