TLP Idea: PvP Picks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Khalifa Kush, May 27, 2023.

1. Khalifa Kush Lorekeeper

Not sure this idea has been thrown around.

Include a "PvP /pick" in each zone. Hunting in these picks gives us a risk / reward mechanic. Extra drop rates and Exp but you can die by players....
    Rijacki likes this.
  2. Lawyer Augur

I like this idea, in theory. It would add another dimension to the game. It would give people something to do for sh*ts and giggles.

However, my read of the current EQ administration is that they are looking to put more padding and sunshine and rainbows around EQ. That's basically what FTE is -- an attempt to make the game more easygoing and less "toxic", without the issues of DPS racing. (Which I personally do not like, because DPS racing is classic EQ to me. Some of the best times I've had in game have been competing with other players, even when I've lost.)

I think the toxicity and lack of balance that would come out of this go against the current administrative zeitgeist of EQ.
  3. PriestofDiscord Journeyman

PvP in EQ is an answer to a question that noone has asked in decades.

DBG struggles to cater for the majority of gamers who are left. PvP in EQ has been beyond dead for well over a decade, there's no PvP scene remaining to draw from and no hope of PvP ever being reignited for about a million reasons. Everyone has already moved on.

They have a long list of requests and ideas on this forum for things the player base is interested in (but will never get to.) And IMO, the absolute last thing they are going to invest time in would be a gimmick like this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I think that's a great idea to add a different dimension of game play for those who choose to participate and it doesn't require shifting your character permanently over to a state where there are far fewer player (i.e. going red).

Sadly, I double DB would consider it because of the floodgates it would open over PvP balancing which is already an issue, as I have heard, with no development allocated to it..
  5. Labzeh Lorekeeper

aside from EQ not being made for PVP. Extra drop rates and EXP, but death by players... So whats the benefit in actually PVPing because these are just PVE boosts aside from dominating camps in early game. Then this would only last for so many weeks/months as most people just gear in AoC's and gear in the group game becomes worthless anyway when the game hits a certain point quite early on.
  6. Trox2010 Augur

One thing I never understood; if EQ PvP is so popular and great then why do all the PvPers keep asking for boosted rates? If the PvP gameplay really was the good then that alone should be enough to entice people to play.