This have the Juice to run EQ? mini pc question

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by NolandTheBard, May 20, 2023.

1. NolandTheBard New Member

Will this little guys run EQ for me?
    Intel Core i5-3470T up to 3.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Intel HD Graphics, VGA, USB 3.0, Windows 10 Professional

ty ty:)
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...minimum-system-requirements-to-run-EverQuest-

Probably, but it probably won’t be pleasant relying on integrated graphics from a CPU that’s 10+ years old. You might need to turn most settings to min/low and will still encounter stutters, especially if you’re playing “modern” content. It’ll be like playing in 1999

On vacation I sometimes play on an old laptop with similar specs and from that experience I’d suggest trying something that gives you some more umph in the graphics department.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

It will run EQ, just painfully slowly.

But if you're just making a cleric or shaman bot machine for a TrueBox server it would suffice.

Spend a few more dollars for something like https://a.co/d/fpnYFLB
  4. NolandTheBard New Member

cool, ty, i got it for my brother, EQ is all he will use it for, hopefully its will be ok for the early content on Yelinak, but if its to sluggish I'm defently gonna send it back and grab that dell
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You probably should have asked before getting rather than afterwards.

The HDD is going to be a worse issue than the integrated video, in my opinion.

Is there a reason why you are going with a mini-pc? Do you have a size constraint or is it just because they are cheap? If you are just doing it because it is cheap, then Amazon.com: Dell Optiplex 5040 MT Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz (up to 3.60 GHz) Quad-Core, 8GB DDR3L RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, USB 3.0, Display Port (Renewed) : Electronics is the way to go. You can upgrade the memory a lot rather cheaply, your integrated graphics are much better, and you can more easily get a decent video card for for cheap as opposed to the SFF ones.
  6. Napharious New Member

[IMG]

Runs 6 Box on EQ just fine.

Jokes aside. I run EQ on a Z83-F Fanless Mini PC, 4GB+32GB/ 4K. Used to be under $90 but for reasons under much debate, it is now over 200$. While I need to turn the clip plane down a tad to avoid the characters cardio habits of running in a circle around my main. It just takes longer to log in.

Also of note the previous post has an excellent cheap alternative. I had my mini-PCs stacked for space constraints.
    Nennius likes this.