Update 5/15/2023 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, May 15, 2023.

1. AethDW Elder

Tash or other fast cast spells frankly have zero chance of winning a tag on something like that vs staff of the temporate flux or even having auto attack turned on.
  2. Zrender Augur

Probably true. Only wizzies will get this advantage though (in classic). Twitch speed and ping were removed as factors by the new delay after visibility fix but wizzies will still have the advantage of being able to spam their tflux clicky to have many chances to be closest to the unlock where other classes will have to land their attack just after the unlock on the first try since most of the other instant abilities have cooldowns. There is a way to combat that, though. Something I'm guessing will become a very hot item on Oakwynd, the "Thin boned wand", which is a low level drop that's not lore and has 3 insta-click charges of lifetap. Humorously, the droppers of that item will probably be contested and fte will come into play. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony. ;-)

Edit: I don't think it's a bad thing that wizzies will get this buff. We often see classes advertising some advantageous gear item when LFG. I think "Wizzy lfg have tflux" will probably become a thing. Gives wizzies a little boost and adds some tag protection to your group. Just be ready to pull the mob off the wizzy quickly lol
  3. AethDW Elder

I tested it. Flux staff is 100% winning versus having the mob targeted and auto attacking. Ya wizards could use a bit of love in the group game in classic, especially the ones who don't know how to play their class and thus aren't pulling for their group already with the staff. ;)
    Moraeulf and Yinla like this.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Back in the day, you weren't considered a serious wizard, until you obtained the staff of temperate flux.
  5. Cirise (Juvia) Journeyman

If you'd read what I actually posted in full, you would've noticed I said they had the benefit of range. Depending on response time of folks range can matter sometimes.
  6. AethDW Elder

I just don't get your point about range I guess. In a battle of instant vs quick, instant is going to win. How does range have any bearing on that?
  7. Zrender Augur

As long as you're keeping in mind that this ONLY applies to insta-click attacks that are quickly repeatable, of which, as far as I'm aware, there is only tflux for wizzies and 3-charge thin boned wand for everyone else, assuming they have several of them they are willing to burn. The only really relevant question is if charges and instants burn on locked mobs. Anyone tested this? Do melee instants go to cooldown when used on locked mobs (throw stone, kick, bash, etc)? If not then all melee instants will also be good for tagging along with tflux because they will be repeatable constantly until the point of unlock. For everyone else instant vs quick is irrelevant and timing to land after unlock is all that matters.
    This discussion has already occurred. Feel free to back up a page or two to read. The summary is that mobs cannot be immediately attacked and fte locked when they become visible. There is a delay. The only reason wizzies, and wizzies alone, benefit, is because they can apply a constant attack. Auto-attack is no different than any other attack in this context. It has a delay between swings and again, timing comes into play. That leaves us with only wizzies (with the caveat from above related to melee instants). Tflux = Thin boned wand = (melee instants if not burned on locked mobs)=perfect unicorn timing > fast weapon attacks=fast cast spells=random proximity aggro > everything else.
  8. AethDW Elder

Well ya that's what I'm talking about. You can tell because it's what I said ;)

I am interested in how ping would affect the whole quick vs very quick discussion about which I didn't really follow, but I'll take y'all's word on it for now that it doesn't matter.
  9. Zrender Augur

All good. I'll leave my edited response in case it clears it up for anyone else. Do you know if melee instants or item charges are burned if used while the mob is still locked?
  10. AethDW Elder

I'd need to check that. The testing I did looks like it's in line with your ordering though, so that all makes sense, but I couldn't really spam buttons on two different toons since I tested from a single machine while boxing.

I was just thinking about it theoretically wrt ping. I couldn't follow all the technical details above. At some point, ping definitely matters. Like if someone has a 3 second ping, then it's not like whatever server side queueing is gonna wait for that to resolve. The mob is already gonna be engaged by the other guy. If you're saying that everyone who engages within the 1-2s non-aggro stage is on equal footing if they're all using a similar reuse/delay mechanism, that's pretty cool.
  11. Cirise (Juvia) Journeyman

You assume a ton more "trust" given to the client than is clearly there. Since "don't do things to this" requires the server to ID it, those pings and attempts keep happening from the client.

Same reason you get constant "You can't hit this" spam when you've got auto attack on with an unattackable mob. If it was local, you'd a) Have no delay for it, b) Would be a waste of CPU cycles to repeat it incessantly every second or so.
  12. Brazy Augur

Azaracks on Test are flying around locked with no one else in the zone unable to be killed.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Oakwynd is in for some fun. :D
  14. Willulearn2 New Member

New bug. Misty thicket. A shadow assasin from higher area chased me all the way through both guard posts. After coming back out of Rivervale, they seem to have stuck very close to rivervale and will not return to spawn point. Waited several hours and they are still there. This will cause pain for newbie players.
  15. Willulearn2 New Member

Also, another one is just sitting at the middle guard section. Guards wont harm them even when chasing you. So mob is level 14 and cant get through to higher mobs for progression.
  16. AethDW Elder

Guards don't attack those on live, so I don't think that's a bug.
  17. Willulearn2 New Member

Awesome. Well, going from halfling to woodelf. lol
  18. Blastoff Augur

Rank 2 of the bard aa a tune stuck in your head does not actually do anything.

Edit: not a bug..it increases the level cap.