Cannot login after todays patch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by weberran, May 17, 2023.

1. weberran New Member

After todays patch 05-17-23, I cannot get into the game. I make it to the server select screen, choose my server then it takes minutes to reach character select. A never before seen popup appeared saying it took 194 seconds to load your characters. All I get is the character list, no character model, no background just a black screen. I cannot dismiss the new popup window and I cannot select a character to enter game. Basically it is a dead screen. This happens when I go through steam to login as well as the DPG downloaded game.

This is on a windows 11 computer. I noticed other posts with issues on windows 10 systems but mine is window 11. Previously no issues entering the game, only since this morning's patch.
    Yinla, Midasa and Balm like this.
  2. Midasa Elder

This happened to me today. When logging in for the first time after the 5/19 update, I got a popup before my characters were loaded which told me Loading characters...
    Then it finally completed, and told me that it took 48 seconds to load my characters and that some may not have loaded and I should verify that they were all there. They were all there, but it was strange.
    I had logged in on 5/18, and this did not happen, so it was not the original patch on 5/17 that caused this.