Fixed Internally EQ.exe crash on load screen - Windows 7

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kravon, May 17, 2023.

1. Kravon New Member

I have 6 computers and following this patch EQ broke on 3 of them

Following todays patch, the windows 10 machines (x2) and the windows 7 machine all didn't work.

I used this link to download and fix the C++ problem:
    https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/
    This worked for the windows 10 machines.

Unfortunately this did not fix the problem on my Windows 7 machine.... now EQ.exe crashes when loading with no real error message. This is also happening for a friend with a Windows 7 machine, too.
    brickz, Drewie and Yinla like this.
  2. Alkerion Lorekeeper

Good luck getting any support for Win 7 at this point.
    Skuz and Fenthen like this.
  3. Inagaki Elder

4. Kravon New Member

Thanks for the help - unfortunately this didn't work.

After selecting the server I still get a box saying the following:

"eqgame.exe has stopped working"

then shortly after everything closes.
  5. Inagaki Elder

Try reinstalling DirectX then. That's the other method that seems to work.

Delete Launchpad first. Then reinstall DirectX and then reinstall Launchpad to make sure.
  6. Rupmir New Member

Updated Directx and the C++ packages, I am still getting an error when I click play on the launcher saying "eqgame.exe Entry point not found" as the title on the window and then "The procedure entry point EventSetInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.dll"

Yesterdays patch broke 2 of my systems but my third is unaffected... Please help?!?
  7. Rupmir New Member

After the patch today, 5/19/2023, this problem still persists. Crash due to ADVAPI32.dll. Thank you for your time and assisstance.
  8. Jumangia New Member

Where are the GM's??? They used to be in the forums to help out. My windows 10 PC has no issues but the Win7 gets to the select server screen and when I click the server is gives error eqgame.exe has stopped working. Can we get one of the TECHNICAL people at this website to help?
  9. kizant Augur

Windows 7 isn't supported anymore so I wouldn't expect much help with it as long as your windows 10 systems are working.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Jumangia New Member

It was on the day they flipped the switch to patch with a bad patch. Go figure
  11. Drewie Augur

Yinla likes this.
  12. Drewie Augur

Nenton, brickz and Yinla like this.
  13. Jumangia New Member

14. Drewie Augur

Then it should really been fixed by Darkpaw since it's no less than a reproductible client crash on a supported platform. I "liked" your first post for more visibility.
  15. brickz Augur

This is broken for me as well. Looks like I have to finally upgrade my junker truebox pc to windows 10.
  16. brickz Augur

Actually, I just used the link Drewie posted above and that standalone windows update fixed the problem. I had service pack 1 on the machine but I had never installed any updates. So at least for me, it wasn't daybreak's fault. It was my fault for keeping such a poorly maintained truebox PC.
  17. Kravon New Member

this is still unresolved for me.
    I have service pack 2, so it isn't that.
    i've re-installed EQ
    I've forced some additional updates
    used the links people have said......

anyone else with Windows 7 still facing this problem?
  18. Hasbourne New Member

I have windows 7 with Service pack 1. I have had this problem after the bad patch. I have also tried the links provided, and uninstalling/installing Everquest and the problem persists. My other computer is running Windows 10, and never had a problem.
  19. Jumangia New Member

Some tech guy I have been dealing with at Daybreak is telling me windows 7 is no longer supported. I copied and pasted their own website Specs back to him just now. I am waiting a response. Their patch said nothing about the system requirements changing also. I call this FUBAR. It was working just fine before the patch.
  20. Time zone Journeyman

THIS IS F*CKING REDICILIOUS !!!!!, players cannot stay in Bristlebane server for more that 15 mins before the server "CRASHES", I WANT A REFUND FOR THE 4 TIMES THIS HAS HAPPENED ON 5/25/2023