Tradeskill Achievements

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, May 16, 2023.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

I think there should be a reward for getting tradeskills maxed and there really isn't outside the tradeskill quest which are nice. So here are my thoughts of something that would be nice and reward those who learn recipes.

-Single 350 achievement gives the ability to never fail a 300 or lower combine for that tradeskill.
    -All 350 achievements done gives the ability to never fail a 350 or lower combine for all tradeskills.
    -Learn all recipes for a single tradeskill it makes it impossible to fail any combine for that tradeskill (this would reset everytime a new expansion comes out and requires them to learn all the new recipes before they can't fail something again).
  2. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

While some of those would be neat I'm not actually sure what benefit most would have.

Right now, at the point you can hit 350, the recipes you're doing in bulk have a minimum 423 trivial.

The only things youll make that are failable at 349 which are under 300/350 trivial is stuff to get to 350.
  3. EagleTalon99 Elder

I think it's a wishful wish list.
    Plus, if you max out to 350 and do the Artisan's Prize, plus whatever trophies you normally do, your looking at base of 402 or 403 in your skills, with an added benefit of reducing fails by 5% if I recall (which is a different mechanic than increasing your base skill points.)

So after all that, most people can do combines over 500 with a reasonable fail rate. The game should never get rid of all fails below 351.

Now, is there room for a new TS quest? Probably. Not exactly sure what though. Certainly having the Artisan's Prize and 350 in all relevant tradeskills should be a pre-requisite for any new massive TS quest.

It won't be for getting TS mats back from failed combines, since Daybreak sells Draught of the Craftmans,

So what's left? Maybe an upgraded version of the Artisan's Prize, with 5 connected (but still a PITA do each quest), that increases the AP 1% each quest, for a final "reduce fail rate" of 10%.

Maybe at level 125 (level cap, not character cap) the first quest opens up, then the 2nd quest at level 130, so it would take a very long time to finish it, since each sub quest only opens up lockstep with a level cap increase.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Mytoss Elder

a new trophy at 350 would be nice or a combined trophy for having all tradeskills at 350 with some extra stats would be nice
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

I guess my main thing is there is no reason to max all tradeskills to 350. 2800 skill points for maxing all to 350 (not including fishing which I don't remember if it counts) with fishing 3050 skill points total. I know a artisan prize is max stats with fishing max + all but 3 skills at 340. So I know for a fact that you can leave 3 normal tradeskills at 340 and have max stats. because I was max fishing + 340 in baking, fletching, and tailoring with max stats (if fishing is included it may be you can be 50 points under the max since the aug has 3000hp / mana and maybe each skill point adds 1 to it? I have been 30 points from max so don't remember at what point my was max). So what is the reason to max all if all you want as the prize and don't care about achievements. It would be nice if there was something you got for maxing all. Maybe if you learn every recipe in the game you can't fail anything no matter the trivial would be the best option as an additional achievement, however since new recipes are added every expansion you would have to learn more to get to the no fail point every expansion.
  6. Cadira Augur

Idk, max ap and having lower chance to fail the ultra high triv combines seems appropriate enough for me.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Reward should be a level 8 particle trophy on hittin 350. 350's arent for the weak.
  8. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Would be nice if there was a quest for each TS that returned an aug with a 15% modifier for that skill. Then have an ammo only item with 5 aug slots. That way you could do the quests for 5 skills, put all the augs into one item, and equip them at the same time. Condense all the trophies into just 2 items.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

But there are 8 tradeskills so we need with 8 aug slots. I do like the thought of combining all 8 tradeskill trophies into a single item that would fit primary, secondary, or ammo (since modifiers are the only thing you can get from ammo slot)
  10. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

A gnome rogue would need 10, 7 base, research, tinkering, poison. But items have 5 possible aug slots, so having 5 per would let you condense down to just 2
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Drakang Augur

I would be thrilled with a way to merge all the trophies into one item. Hate when I am doing stuff and forget to change trophies.