How do I...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Flatchy, May 11, 2023.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

MY less than a year old computer has died (wont boot up just gives me 3 beeps followed by 2 beeps) . So now I am down to 3 boxing on one computer. When I wanted to cast double invis I would cast ITU on my main puter with my sk , then cast group perfected on my other puter , almost at the same time and they both would land. Now im down to switching windows to diff characters. Is there a way to land double invis with windows with my sk, beast, sham combo?
  2. Owl56 Elder

The beep code is telling you there is a memory error.
    Most likely, you just need to reseat the memeory modules (YouTube can help).
    Be sure to ground yourself first.
    Fenthen and Rijacki like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not sure about the spell sets of BST and SHM (as I don't play either of those), but when I need double invis, I'll start casting the spell version of perfected ITU on my cleric (because it's slow casting), swap to my ranger and invis the group (because the AA is instant cast), and then the ITU will land on everyone. Granted, the cleric spell version of ITU only lasts about 22 min, but it's good enough to get where I need to be.

I don't know if those classes have the necessary spells, but that's how I do it.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

I did look into that and unless both memory sticks are bad that does not seem to be it. I have tried em one at a time too , to see if just one of them was bad with no luck. I even changed the battery on the board in case that was it. My cleaning lady had a habit of unplugging by computer so she could use the socket for something else. What are the odds it fried both my mem sticks?
    Owl56 likes this.
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Not sure if I can do that , shaman has a group invis but not sure on ITU and I dont think beast has group of either. Will have to look into it.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

SK should have IVU.
    Flatchy likes this.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

What brand of computer is it?
    If it is a Dell, it could be a memory module, CMOS battery (both you have done) or bad hard drive (BIOS not detecting a bootable device). Have you tried getting into the BIOS to see if it is detecting a bootable hard drive? Also, can you boot from a Windows USB?
  8. alanus Augur

I two box and dual invis just fine. I have a 1-second cast for group IVU and an instant cast for regular invis. So what I do is get alt+tab ready and start casting the IVU, and then instantly alt-tab over for the regular invis. Sometimes it takes a few tries
  9. Angahran Augur

If it's under a year old you should still have warranty ?
  10. Angahran Augur

p.s. you need a bard :p
    Rijacki and Aanuvane like this.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Or just 3-box rogues farming humanoid mobs...
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

Yes I know that lol normally i cast ivu with my SK on one computer and shaman group invis.On the second computer. The problem lies in the fact that they are both AA and pretty much instant cast. So I am used to doing it with 2 keyboards and hitting them at the same time (almost ivu has to be first) . Now with just one computer I need to switch windows and hope I can do it fast enough on just one keyboard.

BTW its an HP as far as warranty I never fill out those things and send em in and it finally bit me.
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

I assume it has bootup lights as well. I found this on their tech support site:
    HP Desktop PCs - Computer beeps or a light blinks during startup | HP® Customer Support

Hopefully that will help narrow down what the exact problem is.
  14. Windance Augur

Electrical discharges can do lots of weird stuff.

I could have taken out either the memory sticks or the memory control or both.

If you have multiple computers see if the ram is compatible with any of your other PC's, if so then remove the ram in and try a single stick.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

You can use out of game macros that will alt tab hit a keybind then alt tab back but idk how that would work with 3 clients.
  16. Lianeb Augur

Make a Macro key with the AA alt activate code with a pause on one of them.....Play with the pause until you figure out the time it takes you to alt tab
    Flatchy likes this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

All products come with an "implied" warranty

The Uniform Commercial Code, a set of laws adopted in much the same form by all states and the District of Columbia, provides an automatic "implied warranty of merchantability." That unwritten protection guarantees that consumer products are free of substantial defects and will function properly for a reasonable period of time. What's "reasonable" depends on the type of product and the amount you paid. States typically limit implied warranties to four years
    Flatchy and Sissruukk like this.
  18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Macro with a /pause?
    Flatchy likes this.
  19. bobbin Elder

Bst has self only perfected invis and targeted perfected invis but no IVU.
  20. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think its about time that alchemists got an invis/ivu recipe.