What is the new command for resetting your starting city origin?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by eqgamer642, May 5, 2023.

1. eqgamer642 New Member

This is a question of value to new and returning players about origin. That is a very simple subject matter and here is the question. The command I was familiar with /setstartcity doesn't seem to work anymore. What is the new command? Anyone know?

Is there some type of potion you can get to fix this or there an option in the marketplace to purchase a solution?

Maybe there is more than one solution for this. The solution I know that was the command /setstartcity doesn't seem to work anymore. When was it disabled and why?

To be clear I am not complaining. I am trying to understand as I've been absence for a while, what happened during my absence to change this? It used to be very straight forward. If there is one thing I learned from EQ, there seems to be a fix for everything. You don't know unless you ask.

Thanks for anyone who is willing to provide an answer. Obviously I'm interested in getting the information for my own use but I'm also hoping in the future this helps other new and returning players in game, (if they can find this thread) be assisted by the responses to this question.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That command is no longer available. It was a one time use for the bug that made returning accounts default to a starting city that Free accounts started with since returning accounts were "free" but Silver.

All Free accounts start with Cresent Reach. So there is no way to change that if that is where your character was at creation. All Paid accounts can set their start city at creation.

You could still give petitioning a shot cause Dunbar did change the starting city error for a returning player who got caught in that specific instance back in 2017. Maybe he could do it again.

What you try to do now is in the marketplace buy a race change scroll. On this there is a drop down menu on the same window as the choose race. It asks you which city you want as your starting city and it resets your bind point. it also deletes any active quests you have, so don't do it if you are working on something. You should be able to keep the same race though (not really change it - your just doing it to change your start city. So your just out the cost.

Disclaimer: nothing in this post is written in stone. The game changes daily as does everything in it.
    Shanarias and code-zero like this.
  3. Crashdummy Elder

Doesn't exist as far as i know except for race change, and all races can start in Crecent Reach so maybe not if already there, and have to be all access to choose other than CR. Sometimes there is a glitch in the files and a character gets a request to select start city, or server. It is not and has not been an always available option.
    FYAD likes this.
  4. code-zero Augur

honestly if your starting city is CR there's no real reason to change it. Any race/class combo can start there and it makes using Origin AA very handy for getting a group together
    Fenthen and Jardad like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My Vah Shir Zerker is set as North Karana at the gypsie camp...I've never figured out how to change it.

I never use origin on her so it isn't a problem.
  6. FYAD Augur

Buy a race change scroll in the marketplace. Using one will allow you to select a new race, starting city and deity to worship. If all you want to change is your starting city, you can simply select your current race/deity when prompted.
  7. Monkeychunks Augur

:D
  8. eqgamer642 New Member

Wow fascinating. How did you set your origin to a gypsie camp in North Karana for your Vah Shir there?? Completely amazing...:)
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I didn't, it used to be Shir Vhal.
  10. Runes Augur

This seems really unlikely as origins have to be to a starter city zone i thought, you seem experienced enough to not be confusing it with your bind point. If you are using Origin and its taking you to a gypsy camp petition that as it sounds like a strange bug
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They are not confused. This is another of the results of that bug. Odd combinations have resulted although far less common than the one that has it re set to Cresent Reach.
    Yinla and Rijacki like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Back of my mind tells me NK Gypsie camp was a default safe spot prior to PoP being introduced where we all get dumped at the PoTranq stone. So it may not be that strange that her origin is now there if it gliched.

Bind like most melee is Guild Lobby, so I do know the difference. :)
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

Yinla is special.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You better believe it. LOL :D:p
    Fenthen and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. Crashdummy Elder

Life happens I have a gnome rogue that origins to the Qeynos, still faster to zone and get to the POK book then from the back of Ak anon.
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

Now how is it that I grew up in Neriak as a young troll and after we finally threw out the wretched frogs from Grobb, they now put me in Grobb when I do Origen. I enjoyed the refugee life.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. eqgamer642 New Member

Yes I already tried that but it didn't work (or it doesn't work anymore).

In my experience once your character has been made in Crescent Reach, that's pretty much it. You can't change it.

What was experienced is the menu drop down window to change your origin (starting city) is frozen on Crescent Reach. It is there but you can't change it.

All I can do is just to live with it.

I think Crescent Reach is a really nice zone, I just wish we had a choice. It seems if you're willing to pay the fee, you should have a choice.

Any ideas about that?

The only fix I know of is if your toon is a Cleric, maybe you can get a Faithstone and it can bring you back to the original home city.

The problem is faithstones may be hard to find. The other issue is not everyone plays a Cleric.
  18. eqgamer642 New Member

I personally think having an origin at the gypsie camp in NK is very cool and also quite useful because they're free traders with all toons.

Myself after completing the Anniversary stein quest back in the day, I pretty much consider PoK to be my newly adopted city origin because it basically has got everything except the nostalgia of the Old World starting zones. That is pretty much missing.

It is just without origin, there isn't really any instant way to get back to the old world starting zones that we all started in back in the day.

The great thing about this game is things keep changing. I except that someday this will change as well.

The only fix that I know of at the moment is if you're playing a Cleric then you can always use a Faithstone (provided you can find one of course).
  19. FYAD Augur

Are you doing this on an All Access account? You can only select starting cities other than Crescent Reach if you have current All Access subscription.
  20. coffee349 Journeyman

If the scroll worked as advertised... if the answer is yes, you got what you paid for. If the answer is no, you may be able to contact customer service and ask for a refund.

I guess if a person doesn't want a refund, they could make a bug report, so the appropriate team could decide if it's something they want to address.

Myself I prefer crescent reach but tastes may vary to each their own. Just my 2 cents worth. :D

We all know what they say about opinions. Your mileage may vary.

Anyway. It says in the description you can reset the starting city.......