Boxing on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nonii, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Polpet Elder

Exactly. This is also how i handle It.
    Current setup from Classic to luclin is
    Meele / Mage combo

Later i will Switch to

Meele only.
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  2. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Wrong. Easy peezy to play six. One main, 5 box casters controlled with EQ macros and USB keypads. Example: (main SK - puller and tank), Boxes: (cleric, mage, enchanter, wizard, shaman)
  3. Vlahkmaak Augur

The hardest part about 6 boxing is the wife aggro when she starts snooping through the monthly bank statement. :) Boxers should get a discount DBG.
  4. Balrigard Journeyman

The hardest part about boxing is swapping heal targets, otherwise it is as simple as Ghost of Fippy stated.

The 2nd hardest or more so annoyance is moving into a location because zones such as LGuk where water paths or obstructions make it so you are readjusting character every 5seconds for 30minutes until you get into a camp.

Melee is simple, just move the npc to your melee that are all stacked and looking in the same direction.
    Casters all have macros that do /cast 1 /pause 50 /sit or something of the variety.
  5. Rooksmirk Journeyman

It's not very social in my opinion. That people box because you can't hardly achieve anything solo is understandable, but a 6 box group leaves no room for anyone to join. That's too bad.
    The game is also about grouping and meeting different people, personalities etc. These people that box 6 must miss a part of the soul's game. Of course, they ll have lots of gear, kronos etc but is it what the game is all about ?
  6. Balrigard Journeyman

Most 6 boxers I know, will remove a box from the group to allow that solo player to join.
    It comes down to the fact that many of us do not have hours to burn AFK/LFG, we want to log in and get stuff done in a timely manner, 6 boxing allows for this and also allows for us to remove and bring in outside solo players if we so choose.

What we do not want is freeloaders, expecting to join us and doing nothing in return for free exp/gear/etc.
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  7. Vlahkmaak Augur

We are also not all of us krono farmers. We are just doing our thing within the constraints of RL. I am willing to bet you would not tolerate one of us in your group if we have to frequently afk for 10-30 min at a time as that would impact your play time. Our current play style does not impact you and we can be quite social when we are playing.
    jeskola and Balrigard like this.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

The "social" aspect is overrated, most social players suck at the game and just want to be carried while they watch youtube or go cook dinner etc. Many of us have had enough of dealing with those types so choose to box instead.

Grouping is just a single aspect of socializing. There are multiple ways to socialize in and around EQ.
    jeskola likes this.
  9. Balrigard Journeyman

Lol!
    I will agree that most people who play solo, do indeed suck in comparison to boxers.

Netflix is the jam in classic boi!!! Gotta get those series in when respawns are happening...