Dragon's Hoard not unlocked with Purchase of Night of Shadows

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Baulkin, May 3, 2023.

1. Baulkin Augur

Hi Team,

I purchased the Night of Shadows Expansion. The site indicates that purchasing the expansion purchases all previous expansions. This would include the Claws of Veeshan expansion which should have unlocked the Dragon's Hoard. The feature did not unlock and instead I had to purchase it on the Daybreak store. This seems like an oversight to me and while I do not want a refund of my Store purchase (I like the extra slots), I do think that the feature should be unlocked with the purchase of Night of Shadows. (Plus i'd love my slot limit raised to 250 where it should be ;). (125 from Expansion, 125 from my store purchase)

**In response to comments** https://web.archive.org/web/20201202120645/https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content/ Dragon's Hoard is listed as a feature, and not a version specific unlock or pre-order bonus.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, it included the expansions but only the base expansion. Content means the zones and such.

With your purchase of the latest expansion pack, you also receive access to the following previous expansions' content:
    • EverQuest® Claws of Veeshan™
    • EverQuest® Terror of Luclin™
    You only get the Dragon Hoard if you actually bought CoV when it was released. If you want it now, you'll have to buy it through the marketplace which you did.
    This is also true of most keyrings and other "extras" in expansions

Purchasing the latest expansion only gives you access to the base previous expansion - nothing else.
    I don't see where this is a bug.
    Skuz and GNOME_POWER like this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

When you purchase an expansion, you get only previous expansion "content". Content means the zones, quests, AAs. You do not get key rings or other things like Dragon's Hoard or Tradeskill Depot (going forward).

This is not a bug but I do believe that Daybreak should make it more clear what you get and do not get (or just change it from just getting "content' to including everything).

The everquest.com site says, "Access to all previous expansion content included", with the question mark next to it saying (when hovered over), "You will receive all previous expansions' content, including 2021's Terror of Luclin, at the same time you purchase Night of Shadows."

Again, they do not make it clear what they mean by "content", but they have explained it elsewhere as what I say here.
    Skuz and GNOME_POWER like this.
  4. Baulkin Augur

It was not version specific bonus, or a pre-order bonus. It's listed in the expansions feature list.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201202120645/https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content/ (Archived version of the site when it was for sale clearly shows it as a feature.)

Features

• 6 Expansion Zones – Follow the icy trail into the lands dominated by the dragons of Velious. Find the source of the mysterious and restless ice and put an end to the dangers that have enveloped the entire continent.
    • New Raids, Quests, and Missions
    • New Spells, Combat Abilities, and AAs
    • New Collections
    • Dragon's Hoard – A dragon's hoard for those that have collected so many items it is nigh impossible to contain. This is additional space to hold all those items you may need once more but do not need now.
  5. Baulkin Augur

6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Feature does not equal Content.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with Daybreak's decision but this is not a bug. This is intentional on the part of Daybreak.

Arguing that the Dragon's Hoard Feature should be part of the Content is fine. But it is not a bug. Intentional decisions by Daybreak are not bugs.

So this thread belongs in The Veterans' Lounge as a request for Daybreak to change their policy. Or at least be more upfront about what is considered "Content" and what is not on the page where you purchase expansions.

I expect this thread to be closed soon by Daybreak as "Not a bug".
    Skuz, GNOME_POWER and Aanuvane like this.
  7. Baulkin Augur

Hmm, we'll see. By that logic if you did not purchase Legacy of the Ykesha you should not have ingame maps.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Not the same thing. Premium content started when the marketplace was introduced, and since then expansions have been a bundle with premium content for the duration the expansion is current for sale.
  9. Baulkin Augur

Okay, so If I did not buy Rain of fear they should remove my Aggro meter? Market Place was 2008. RoF was 2012. I'm sure I could go back through the expansions in the last 15 years and find a plethora of holes in this assertion .
  10. Nuttmeg Augur

I'm with you on this. It's a reasonable expectation to get every feature of an expansion you unlock. Question: which expansion unlocked the keyring feature? And will someone buying Night of Shadows today get to use the keyring? Or is that something you have to buy separately?
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Features can be, and regularly are, made available without additional purchase after they have been in the game for a while. This is at the discretion of Daybreak and it does not in any way disprove what the other posters have said.
    Skuz and Fanra like this.
  12. Baulkin Augur

If this is the case, it needs to be on the page where you buy the expansions, otherwise it is fraud.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I do not think that word means what you think it means.
    Skuz, Aanuvane and Nennius like this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It is not fraud.

While it is somewhat ambiguous in the wording where it says you will get the content. yes it could be more clearly stated. But I can guarantee someone would have an objection no matter how they worded it.

The fraud part will go nowhere since the ability to get keyrings included with the expansions was changed:

Patch notes: September 21, 2016

The Mount and Illusion Key Rings will no longer be included with expansion purchases after pre-orders begin for Empires of Kunark.

At that time they made it clear that key rings were going to be separate purchases in the marketplace if you did not buy the expansion at the time it was release.

In addition to this is the fact that if you were to get it included in the expansion now then you would have already gotten it since ALL accounts now up to TOV free and so would have it in their claims

So some deductive reasoning here. If it was included, you would have it since it came out with COV which is before TOV. So there would have been no need to buy even the latest expansion.

Look in the marketplace and you could have bought the keyring itself for half the price of the cheapest version out right now of NOS.Which would make anyone question as to why the key ring feature was available for purchase if you could get it free with the new expansion.
    Skuz, Kendeth, GNOME_POWER and 2 others like this.
  15. Baulkin Augur

n. the intentional use of deceit, a trick or some dishonest means to deprive another of his/her/its money, property or a legal right.
    To quote https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content.
    "Extend your adventures with dozens of expansions. Add new races, classes, zones, quests and more. All expansions are included when you purchase the latest expansion.

As to the nature of fraud, the only test I don't think has been met is intent. I generally believe Daybreak to be an honest company. If the above is not a "bug" then I would say that not including details as to what features are not included would be a "bug" that needs to be fixed on the website. This is not included anywhere on the purchase page.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you didn't purchase RoF there is a red collect set which you cannot get a reward for.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Monkeychunks Augur

I think the poster above made a valid point when they said:

"if you were to get it included in the expansion now then you would have already gotten it since ALL accounts now up to TOV free and so would have it in their claims"

I mean come on, we all get up to TOV free so all you had to do was make the connection and see that you did not have the Hoard. I think this is called DUE DILIGENCE.

Or use what we call common sense.

I own COV free but I don't own the Hoard. Hmm must not get that included anymore. Guess I could ask first ;) ?