update on Angarr to Yelinak transfer please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ikarinokamii, Apr 27, 2023.

1. ikarinokamii Elder

As the title.
  2. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I remember before Agnarr launched people were concerned about having a locked server like this. They voiced these concerns on this very forum, and were told by the people pushing for a PoP locked server, that they would never want to transfer to any other server. It seems things have changed.

I don't really care one way or another since I do not plan to ever play on either of those servers, but as an outside observer, I feel this would ruin the economy of Yelinak. We are talking about a server that has had 6 YEARS to amass millions, possibly billions of plat collectively, with no real plat sinks in the game to mitigate this issue. And you want to transfer to a server with not even a full year of uptime? I think its a terrible idea.

Everyone that decided to roll on Agnarr knew the deal. It was locked in the Planes of Power era and would never move past that.
    KobalWR, Waring_McMarrin and Critt like this.
  3. Captain Video Augur

Agnarr toons can transfer to any Live server. They cannot transfer to any other TLP.
  4. Xeris Augur

Don't worry about Agnarr, still hundreds of people happily playing here. Ty for the concern
    modsiw and Herf like this.
  5. theonepercent Augur

Wrong, they can transfer to a bunch of other TLPs. It just needs to be manually updated when another server gets to the point they let the transfers happen.
  6. ikarinokamii Elder

this is not correct; agnarr can actually transfer to quite a few TLPs. so long as the base rule is the same, and they are ahead of the Agnarr.
  7. Captain Video Augur

Here is the most current list of server transfer options published by DPG:

Where can I find EverQuest character transfer instructions? – Help Home (daybreakgames.com)

Click where it says "Server to Server Transfers", scroll down, and read the bulleted list for Agnarr. Those who keep saying Agnarr can transfer to anywhere are misinformed, as no other TLP has ever had the same ruleset as Agnarr (i.e. locked). If there were any other TLPs available for transfer, Yelinak would be the last one on the list, because Yelinak players don't want their economy gutted by years worth of accumulated stuff from Agnarr players.
  8. theonepercent Augur

Again, you're just wrong. Take the L and move on.
  9. Captain Video Augur

My link trumps your link. Oh wait, you don't have a link...
  10. theonepercent Augur

I don't need a link, I have the game. Try logging in some time.
  11. Captain Video Augur

Ignoring for the moment the published list I linked to above, you might be able to get a transfer to a server that is now past TSS. Yelinak is less then zero chance.
  12. Herf Augur

I'm on Agnarr and I'm happy here. Our population slowly grows and it grows with decent people. One player recently decided to go postal in /General and pretty much alienated the entire server within 5 minutes :) Buh bye dhude :)

We're friendly. We have cookies, as well as Batwing Crunchies and Blackened Tier Dal :)
  13. jeskola pheerie

14. ikarinokamii Elder

what a silly comment, there is way more plat on Yelinek than Agnarr. lol try buying a krono on each server and tell me wish one cost 10x more.
  15. Captain Video Augur

It has nothing to do with plat, it's about the gear. Everything is whole lot less expensive on Agnarr, which means someone can stock up and make a killing on the other server if they allowed a transfer now. Many, many players would complain. But hey, good luck with that.
  16. Cheet Elder

stock up on what exactly? Elemental bows for tribute?

I transferred a toon from Agnarr to Aradune and it's not listed on the link.
    I'd pay to move another toon from Agnarr to Yelinak.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

TLP to TLP transfers are subject to the Devs manually allowing them, AFAIK they haven't created an automatic rule for that process.

Last list I saw was this (link embedded) and this list is outdated since Phinigel & Selo were merged with live servers and more options may have been added in-game, but it does give clear criteria:

*** Progression Servers ***

- Players may server transfer between progression servers that are in the same or later expansion and within the same or a less restricted ruleset. True box is more restrictive than servers without it. Free trade (Firiona Vie ruleset) is less restrictive than servers without it. Voting unlock servers are more restrictive than servers without voting. This means:
    - - Characters on any progression server may transfer to live servers.
    - - Characters on Aradune, Agnarr, Coirnav, and Mangler may transfer to Phinigel.
    - - Characters on Aradune and Mangler may transfer to Selo.
    - - Characters on Aradune may transfer to Mangler or Rizlona.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Here is the list of servers they can transfer to

That looks like a list of live servers without any TLP servers included.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

20. Shakara Augur

Lets not pretend any EQ server except the free trade ones have any sort of economy people care about.