FTE with /yell will not work together

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would assume they could still heal as they still have the ability to agro you, the question is what happens if a healer mob is agroed to a different person/group/raid.

My guess is the lock just impacts players and other NPC's can still agro something that is locked, otherwise it would mean that guards would no longer assist people who train back npc's to them.
  2. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

If I were implementing it:

Cleared - Will assist, buff, and heal other mobs just like no. Will only agro mobs that are not locked.
    Locked - Will only assist, buff, and heal mobs that are also locked to the same group
    Resetting - Will not agro, assist, buff, or heal any other mobs
    Yelled - Will not agro, assist, buff, or heal any other mobs

So an unengaged cleric mob on the other side of a wall will heal your mob, just like now.
    If you pull a cleric mob into another group, it won't start healing their mobs because it is locked to you.
    If you yell to unlock, it still won't heal them.
    If you fd, die, zone, blur it will start going home, and still won't heal them.

If you pull a mob to a guard, it won't attack the mob while it is locked to you.
    If you yell, the guard will attack the mob, but other players can also attack it.

I'm not a dev, so I can't say this IS what will happen, only that if I were a dev, this is the path I'd take to minimize griefing.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

That seems like a lot of extra checks the game needs to make, escpecially if you've got a lot of mobs locked. I thought the goal was to reduce those unnecessary checks to help reduce lag..not make more of them.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. code-zero Augur

If they stop training that will go a long way toward reducing lag
  5. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Not any more checks than is already done to see if mob A reacts to mob B