New Gods to Worship and New Race/Class/Deity Combinations

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

Right now, with the introduction of races, is that there has been no new gods introduced for race/class combinations. Luclin has been a major part of the last story, and Mayong Mistmoore was as well. Those are two excellent gods to add to the selection screen.

Which gods should be added to the selection screen and what classes should be unlocked for races with the new gods?
    Magneress likes this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Are you really that bored?

...just so there's no confusion, there should be no new gods, no new race/class combinations until they hire enough people to make expansions fuller and fix the glaring stack of bugs from existing content that are really starting to stack up.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I would like there to be a way to change diety after character creation, like with a series of quests.
  4. code-zero Augur

You can buy a race change potion in the marketplace and select a new deity even if you don't change race IIRC
    Magneress and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I would like an in-game method and not a DB cash workaround. Plus, if you keep the same race with a potion, you would still be limited to only the dieties available to that race at creation. For some races there are no choices. For example, a Vah shaman can only be agnostic and, I believe, most dark elves can only have Inny as a diety.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

There are new races in EQ? RL has kept me pretty busy of late, but I am not aware of this happening.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Pretty sure you need to buy 2 potions as well, because you can't "change" to the same race... So blearg.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. code-zero Augur

I'm personally not sure that I really want the devs to spend time writing a bunch of betrayal quests for all the varied combinations of deities and classes. In fact I'd rather see redemption quests for characters who've ruined their home factions to be honest though I think a lot of those can reset with loyalty vendor potions
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Loyalty and some from anniversary quests.

But yeah, don't really need a big quest to change deity, which has basically 0 impact post Velious?
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

The game may be too old for this but that could have been a cool quest system similar to epics where you have to pick normal god for your race but then could later do a quest to become a worshiper of any of the gods in EQ. Maybe even do it for the god you pick when you are a noob and whichever one you currently worship you get a buff similar to illusion, mount, or familiar buffs.
    Rijacki and Magneress like this.
  11. Crashdummy Elder

It is time for Mayor Gubbin to ascend and make way for a new mayor, he has been mayor for over 400 years, we need some fresh young blood, my halfling can't possibly a day over 300.