NEW one thing next expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Sakuraba Augur

A new class that starts at level 100 marked as a "Hero Class" which requires at least one level 105 character as well as the expansion to be able to create.

Call it the Artisan. Crafters-turned-Casters who utilize their mastery over creative forces to construct allied Guardians as well "unmake" their foe by directly attacking their essence through Magic and Cold damage. In addition to this, they could offer adps with a spell line called "Essence Weave" which increases the Magic, Cold, and Fire damage of another targeted Spellcaster.
  2. Laronk Augur

The two expansion level features that I want:

Cross server instancing AKA dungeon finder.

An auction house, im fully willing to pay a 10% fee to not have to have my account tied up in the bazaar
    Dre., Skuz, Koshk and 1 other person like this.
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

EQ2 has a 'naked' set for it's appearance slots that are non-visible armor to 'reveal' the non-armor look for the slot. This could be done in EQ with ornaments that block the visible armor. Not that I want to see a troll loin cloth and dad bod running around, but... there might be some who do.

I remember back in the day those armor piece that had no visual, especially for head items before you could turn off the head item display, were hot items. I think an ornament set without visible armor would be quite popular.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Because Group content is tuned for groupers, raiders will faceroll it due to better gear.

Soon as you make challenging group content for raiders groupers are going to be overwhelmed & unable to beat it.

The Achievement system could be leveraged for that addition challenge maybe.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Of course, I would like better looking graphics and armor. But what I really would like is more content. EQ is much better when there's goals and stuff to work on then doing the same content over and over.

Do stuff like update HH. While HH was nice when it was relevant, all of it is obsolete when you're level 120. As time marches on it only will get worse. Same with Fabled mobs. Seasonal stuff is great till it becomes obsolete.

EQ is a great game, I've been playing it for over 20 years. But having more stuff to do would make it even better.
    Svann2 likes this.
  6. code-zero Augur

In game StickFigure toggle if hiding armor becomes an option
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Windance Augur

Is that a StickFigure in your pocket, or are you just happy to see Nakid Troll Butt Scratch :eek:
  8. Koshk Augur

^ Best response I've seen on here so far.

I'll ask for a checkbox on my character that disables gaining all experience. Or else, an Item that does this when you possess it (à la "Stone of the Tortoise" in LOTRO)
    Skuz likes this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I want it because I hate TS in EQ but I want the items. Commission would allow me to obtain items I wouldn't otherwise obtain. Let people who enjoy TS do that.
  10. code-zero Augur

If I could selectively stickfigure and ignore in game I'd never see another troll, ogre or iksar as anything except stickfigures and I'd never hear a word they said.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Instanced, Shrouded, x-server PvP Matches 3v3, 5v5 & 15v15 with seasons, leaderboards. Capture the flag, King of the Hill, 6 checkpoint capture, and some form of sport event (huttball, bloodbowl, rollerball, speedball type stuff with some environment hazards in the arena)
    FYAD likes this.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

If they do anything pvp Id like a toggle for autodecline duels and pvp invites.
    Rijacki, Skuz and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  13. Tucoh Augur

I don't have any raid gear. CoV missions were challenging and a good balancing target for expansions. I know this is a thread for new ideas, but DPG has a system to make optional harder content for tryhards like myself, they just choose to make the challenger achievements gimmicks instead of harder versions using standard gameplay mechanics.

Gimmicky fights make me feel like I'm not beating them through skill or character growth, just learning which twinkle-toes strategy I need, setting up my keybinds and then learning how to execute the dance. What I really want is something that requires fundamental improvements to my lethality.

One can dream!
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

code-zero likes this.
  15. Windance Augur

There is a way to force stick figures on all the time. Its something like editing your eqgame.ini and adding stickfigure=1. ( need to get someone whos done it recently to give you exact details )
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Dre. Altoholic

Realistic:
    Borderless full window
    Port-to-group-leader mechanic
    More regular experience for kills lvl 85-115

Medium:
    Full private instancing
    Balance pass on 1-max pets/mercs
    Aggressive hotkey/clickspam reduction

Pipedream:
    Class balance
    Multi-account client
    Forum search function that works
    Autofollow fixes / better box scripting
    Koshk likes this.
  17. code-zero Augur

Open eqclient.ini then add under [default] like this

You can edit it to
    and turn stickfigures off when you like
    Ozon and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

I use stickfigures on all my boxes except my main driver. Makes maintaining 80fps allow /follow with selo speed to work much better in certain situations like the Plane of Knowledge lag pile on Bristlebane.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Bows for bards!
    (not hair bows!)
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I'm sorry, but no. If you don't want to do TS, you should not benefit from getting items that are meant to benefit people who do TSs. The number of items that you are exluded from are extremely few in number and are typically replaceable, the rare exception that is not is when they made TS quest lines which were specifically put in to give a benefit to those who had done their TSs. That runs counter to the reasons why the commission system was added in EQ2.
    alanus likes this.