Join Me On May 24, 2023, Oakwynd Launch Day

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Koniku Elder

There's like 7 billion people that aren't gonna play on this server it kinda makes you look dumb posting a thread about how you aren't going to either
  2. wade_watts Augur

7 billion people were not active subscribers that are choosing to actively unsubscribe due to poor product direction. According to the numbers that leaked - EQ has less than 15K TLP players (probably a good deal less currently). Your red herring isn't relative and is just an attempt to invalidate another persons opinion.

Player numbers will ebb and flow but player attrition certainly is a primary concern for a 25 year old product that has a steady track record of shrinking subs.
  3. Febb Augur

I'm outraged that I don't have anything to be outraged over so this seems like something we can get behind and be outraged over. I am outraged that things may not be what I want and I am somehow forced to play on this server against my own will. Can we please think of all the people who need something to be outraged over?
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

You're not fooling anyone with this sock account Mabbu
  5. Obliteration Elder

I will be playing on next tlp as will many, many others.

sorry about no triple random loot nor top end items dropping off groupable raid mobs again, was fun while it lasted im sure
    Ruhi, Arclyte and Zrender like this.
  6. Triconx Augur

15k? So much for TLP players being the majority and keeping the game alive.

Based on your other numbers, new TLPs don't even provide half the income of yearly expansions so I guess that silences those who think they shouldn't make new content anymore.

The ultimate lol are people who legit thought Mischief had higher population than all of live combined
    Zrender and code-zero like this.
  7. wade_watts Augur

Spoken like a guy that doesn't know what he's talking about and just assumed things :)

Sadly, that is almost the majority. There were ~ 18K active on the Live side.

Mischief was and remains the most popular TLP - and more popular than any live server it would seem. Not sure who made the comment that it was more popular than all live combined, thats a strange claim.

Keep in mind, when the numbers leaked - it was right after a new TLP launch - so there is probably 3,000 more players that quit within the next 45 days.
  8. code-zero Augur

What puts the lie to the Mischief 2.0 claptrap is that there exists another server with that exact same ruleset which is never at high population.

In fact taking a peek at the server status board only FV is at high population with Mischief being Medium
    Zrender likes this.
  9. Zrae Journeyman

Thanks for pointing out the fact that we need a FV tlp with no random loot.
  10. Enuen Journeyman

The "I'm not playing on your server" posts are the new rage quit posts.

Oh no! Anyway ...gif
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. code-zero Augur

We had one, Quarm. it was never at high that I recall
  12. wade_watts Augur

Oh, you mean it was medium on patch day after servers came back up? /facepalm

Good call tho pointing out that the only servers consistently in high population have free trade and/or random loot.
  13. code-zero Augur

Yeah but they have a limited audience. There is a percentage or the players who like that but creating more free trade and/or random loot isn't going to increase that percentage. Given the performance of Quarm I suspect that FV has hit the stops with free trade and given the performance of Thornblade we can deduce that Mischief owes its success to the random loot code.
  14. Lejaun Augur

I'll be maintaining my two subs, maybe even adding a third, and buying bags on the 24th in remembrance of your efforts to be dramatic on a forum.
    Alarya, code-zero and Zrender like this.
  15. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I mean, I had planned to roll on Oakwynd with a few friends from my home server in order to make a few quick Krono, but since the server launches one day before an expansion launch on my home server, Im going to have to skip.

That being said, I hope a ton of people play Oakwynd, buy bags, potions, cosmetics, etc. I think the ruleset is garbage, but it doesn't matter what I think since I wont be playing there. More funding for the staff to fix bugs/issues on my home server.
  16. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Bristlebane, Bertie, and Cazic are Free Trade? huh...

You can easily see which servers have high population at a particular time: https://www.daybreakgames.com/status#eq You need to click on the Population column to sort. At 5:30pm Pacific time on a Friday, FV is forth behind those three and Mischief is under FV. Bristlebane is usually higher than FV no matter what time or day.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Captain Video Augur

All the Population sort does is group the High and Medium pop servers together, and from there it's alphabetical. The actual server login counts are not being passed to the web site.
    Hobitses likes this.
  18. Napharious New Member

Bristlebane is always higher than FV no matter what time or day.

There fixed that for you.
    You have become better at alphabetizing (2).
  19. Jardad Journeyman

use eqresource , but you will have to pay to see long term comparisons.
  20. Weverley Augur

I doubt all those live servers got only 18k subs. We would see some mergers if that was the case.