returning player after 6 years away from game & got a question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by blitz, Jan 23, 2013.

1. blitz New Member

Need to pick a server what are some good suggestions
  2. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Cazic Thule is populated and friendly.

And we have punch and pie!
    Torvius and Viltaire like this.
  3. Raptorjesus5 Augur

There isn't really a "best" zone for returning/new players. Just pick one with a good population and the rest pretty much falls into place.
  4. Derfael Journeyman

If you're returning, what server were you on previously? Might want to start there or on the server it was merged into. I know when I came back after 6 years I was pleasantly surprised to find people I knew from back in the day playing.
  5. blitz New Member

not sure of my old server, for some reason I think
    it was ecce necco or something like that. What did it get merged
    with
  6. Torvius Journeyman

Im also returning and gonna give CT a chance. Question tho, should i do the tutorial for better exp or just start at my home city ?
  7. Zogimer Journeyman

I would do the Tutorial, not only does it remind you many things about playing the game and teach you about some new stuff it also gives you a full set of entry level defiant armor equivalents.
  8. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Either or. Tutorial will land you in Crescent Reach, which is probably better zone to start in than beginning cities for races. They give you all you need to start with.

The tutorial will remind you of many in game commands, and you can continue questing in the dungeon till level 20 (I believe, though I may be wrong), then you can pop out into the world at large. You can leave whenever you want, and to go back, just don't bind anywhere else, and die and you'll go back there. If you level past 20 and die, you'll get an error, maybe crash, and when you log back in, you'll be in PoK at the binder, might as well bind your soul while there.

Allakhazam's still has tons of information.
    EQ Resource has the maps for the game (interesting point, you'll notice there is a new user in your computer profiles called Public, and in there, go to SOE, Everquest, Then maps and drop the maps in there) as well as information about HoT, VoA, and RoF progression (when you get that far.

Here are 2 links you should keep handy:
    Hot Zones for leveling: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:hotzones
    +50% xp or something when killing in them, (I don't know the exact amount) and if you talk to Franklin in PoK (near the GL zone) you can get a quest for that zone for gear and money.
    Directions by zone names to get around: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:directions
    It will tell you what zones you need to travel through, and if you have the maps loaded, you'll see the zone connections.

If you need help, you can send me tells, I am almost always on Pizacatto, or my alts: Senlayania, Linasha and Kururlin.
  9. Torvius Journeyman

Awesome post , thanks alot Pizacatto.
  10. Torvius Journeyman

Also thanks Zogi, gonna go thru the tutorial. See you guys in game :)
  11. Geroblue Augur

You can go back to tutorial after logging out until 10th level. After you reach 11th level the 'enter tutorial' button is grayed out and not available for any character. You can gate back to there if it is your character's home zone.

Do /char, for /charinfo, and if it says Gloomnig Deep, then a city name, you can gate to the tutorial.

After about 10th you don't get much experience points. I would go to Crescent Reach at that point.
  12. Kurayami Augur

Well it depends what you looking to do really. Do you hope to raid again at some point? I would do some research on servers and see what schedules fit you best, if they are looking for your class, etceteras. If you interested in 9pm PST to 1 am PST raiding, I might recommend Erollisi Marr to you. Otherwise I think most servers have estabilished EST raiding guilds.

If you don't care about raiding, just be sure you don't pick a european based server or what not so you can be on when most groupers will be. Unless of course you like soloing, then do pick the european server so most camps will be open when you log on, lol.

What it really boils down to is what you are looking to do though, more information would be helpful in getting better suggestions.
  13. Flavius22 Lorekeeper

Pick high pop servers (most normal servers) if you want to group at high levels or raid. Pick low pop servers (trakanon, vox) if you want to solo mostly and have a lot of camps open.