Oakwynd Information and FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Holyreptar New Member

I hate to say it. This FAQ killed daybreak getting any money from me. I didn't sign up to play FTE eq if I did I would be on p99.

There is nothing good that will come of this, the changes they made to hierloom items is cool but whatever.... I don't play alts I play 2 accounts and 2 characters and now you want me to play alts to be able to get a roll on gear after giving me a mischief style server thats a complete joke. You killed OW raiding which was hilariously fun.

PS WHO THE HELL HAS TIME TO CREATE 6 ALTS AND RUN INSTANCES TO GET THE PERFECT GEAR FOR THE ONE TOON.

All you are doing is creating a extremely toxic environment with FTE and this FAQ shows that the devs are delusional and don't actually play on TLPs.
  2. kliqIMB Elder

This applies a flat bonus to all characters post level cap increase, which is vastly different than the system they have laid out right now. As it stands, your entire account loses the buff when PoP launches. My suggestion is a feasible way in which to allow for a buff to remain on your main character (which, they would need a way to determine what "main" means in this context), such that people who only wanted to play a single character might feel incentivized to play multiples. Of course if all your characters kept the puff post level cap increase there would be more incentive, but that's a fundamentally different design philosophy that what they're currently outlining with Legacy Characters.
  3. Cildar Journeyman

Do I read this correctly that after yelling the mob STILL gives exp to whoever does the most damage? Won't people just script unlock mobs - use the out of group stunning enchanters and STILL make powerlevel groups?

You have now unsolved the only problem FTE actually addressed. Nicely done.
  4. Cildar Journeyman

No one plays alts on the same account on a TLP. Your idea is a great one but there is NO WAY they would ever do this. I cannot fathom why they would not do free trade.
    CleverName likes this.
  5. Thewiz Augur

Darkpaw: If you launch another server with virtually any other ruleset along with Oakwynd you can save this disaster. That way you will get your TLP testers on Oakwynd AND the people that are waiting to play a TLP this year that do not want to be testers for FTE and an heirloom loot system. Please save this years TLP launch.
    7arami likes this.
  6. Crackers Augur

This is an improvement, but I'm still not convinced to play. Here are some pointed questions and feedback.

- Get rid of the locking feature, or create a second server that doesn't have it. Simply put, it doesn't resolve the intended problem and that's what I'm stuck on. Kill stealing isn't as big of an issue through DPS race. What this allows players to do is sit solo on a named spawn point, and if they get first agro they got the kill. Necros, Monks, mages, and SKs will excel at stealing named spawns now as a result of this mechanic.

- You're still ignoring what players asked for most. Those items are (1) Mischief rules set and (2) relaxed true box

- The most impactful changes you made here are the character vs account lock on Agents of Change (AOC) and making DoN and OoW launch at the same time. These changes are phenomenal. Well done. I would encourage you to do the same for LDoN releasing with PoP/LoY. LDoN loot will not have any impact on how quickly PoP is defeated. The record is less than 2 days. 45 hours, 35 minutes and 49 seconds to be exact. LDoN loot is not comparible to Plane of Time loot. What this does do is allow us to use LDoNs for exp during this time, and make working on the improved charm or whatever it is worthwhile.

- Overall it still feels underwhelming and my core group of friends haven't been swayed by the adjustments. We're still leaning towards sitting this round out. We would like to see a second option personally that doesn't involve the unlock.

- Legacy player, evolving expansion unlocks, mischief loot system, reduced true box, and reduced unlock schedule. That right there would be the most profitable server you've ever had. I'd bet my paycheck on it.

Questions

1. Can you heal people / buff them while they're engaged? Is the lock only applied to the mob?

2. How long do mobs stay locked after the disengage?

3. The /yell command is supposed to "Partially unlock" the mob. Does this mean if the person feign's death or dies, will others in the area gain agro? One of only current positives to the locking mechanism is it would inhibit training. If the partial unlock allows that, then again it doesn't solve the problem.
    Lugerweb, Pigskin and 7arami like this.
  7. Grummle Journeyman

Just go do barter searches on FV or Mischief, if they are not no-drop there, they would be heirloom on Oakwynd with this rule.

Yeli's Talismen and I want to say most the other ST key talisman were tradable on Mischief, so they would be heirloom.
    7arami and code-zero like this.
  8. ArtificialSoul New Member

I'll probably add /yell to my taunt macro. Which I mindless press every 3 seconds while I'm grinding and watching Netflix. And to my tabbing through mobs macro so my OoG toons can help. So plan to filter out /yell.
    7arami, Komodon and Braelvenae like this.
  9. Methodic New Member

This really sucks. I could t play when Mischief launched even though the rule set really interested me. I’ve been waiting two years now for another fresh start Mischief style server. Really stinks that they won’t release another one and are instead releasing this EQ2 style abomination.
    7arami likes this.
  10. ArtificialSoul New Member

Their FAQ said it was all about training. They didn't speak to PLing. So thus that means they were not trying to prevent PLing. They o ly wanted the early stages of a TLP to have less trains.
    Magneress likes this.
  11. Weeeeellllll New Member

I have had this account for 20 years. I have never posted on the forums until today.

What are the exciting experimental changes on this server? This feels like PTR technical changes and has NOTHING exciting about it. Woo! I am totally excited to play the new TLP and have fun doing the... locked encounter mechanic?

Also, this post does nothing to alleviate the ambiguity of what experimental tests could go to live. All of it? None of it? What's the criteria for success in the developers eyes?

I have absolutely no desire to pay to play on a PTR.
    CleverName, Sabra and 7arami like this.
  12. Go Take A Nap Augur

Unfortunately the main issues that FTE attempts to fix , training and ksing, are not actually fixed and create some very big problems..

FTE creates new problems, in my opinion worse than before. Allowing fd classes to pull named from anywhere in the zone, cherry picking the zone from players that are not sitting on top of the spawn. Before we could just tag for aggro and compete. Now the mob is immune and locked to the thief. Once the puller gets close to their camp spot all they need to do is /yell on the named for their out of group friends to grab with zero risk of being trained by the rest of the creatures. While STILL training the zone when the mobs path back home. Cherry picking will be a very very big part of this server as the early competition will 100% inspire it and I feel that MORE trains will be happening than before. You are blind if you cannot see how this is helping give select classes an advantage. Since now solo players can lock encounters from groups.

FTE only creates a more unfair environment to play in. But, The next one is a game changer. When you give players tools to claim raids named/spawn hostage by ONE person while they wait for friends to get there to help kill. I see this being a big problem for OW raids and epic/key spawns. Specially with fartaunt , Show/Maps, and warping.

lastly under FTE rules a fd class can train the zone and skip large amounts of content for their cleric/coth mage to give their group/guild an advantage bypassing a zone full of trash. training rival guild as the trash runs back home. If they wanted to be real toxic they can pull the entire zone and fd flop with a macro for hours on end holding down a large chunk of the content. It just doesnt work guys. You've created more evil here and I dont get how you cant see this. Its obvious you dont play the game and the CRC are not very experienced.
    7arami likes this.
  13. Sevoron182 New Member

Why not make everything attunable if it’s normally no drop? It seems like the majority of players are asking for free trade and this would be a good compromise. I’m surprised I haven’t seen more suggestions for this. I couldn’t care less about heirloom.
    7arami likes this.
  14. Go Take A Nap Augur

Most of the drama in the game is around lack of mobs to exp off of and competition for keying/quest/epic mobs or raids.

Here are some ideas: Instead of making FTE and trying to backward engineer all the issues that come up just make key/epic mobs Free tag. Find out what is a reasonable amount of time for a player to "wait for his spawn" and divide up loot to those there that tagged it and are of the appropriate class. Then players work together instead of backstabbing. Some players should get lucky first shot, others might take a few cycles. It works out exactly the same as before without Krono lords holding it down.

As for raids make them the only FTE but after x amount of players , from the same raid, engage it. So that one player cannot grief by holding it hostage and guilds cant come in steam roll an engaged mob. You still have to figure out how to prevent training and i think that is impossible without removing out of group assistance entirely as you cant have the /yell function in to make it work. Although the more i think of this the more i think regular dps race is better.......

Lastly, for the exp side of things. MORE zones should be worth exping in. Why are we still going to sola to get exp AND the best loot for that level range??? Give us more options and there will be less competition. Either increase the spawns or increase the exp in zones players dont/wont exp in. some of these classic zones have really long respawn rates of nearly 30 mins.
    KobalWR, 7arami, xeveq and 1 other person like this.
  15. Sevoron182 New Member

I’m tired of leveling up in the same zones every TLP. Why not change ZEMs to incentivize players to xp in some of the less frequented zones? Classic would be a lot more interesting.
    KobalWR, Grimaldus, Sabra and 5 others like this.
  16. Thewiz Augur

Seems like an easy thing to do.
    7arami likes this.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes, I know that...and it has nothing to do with the question I asked.

I want them to tell us if they still plan to put this FTE garbage on the Live servers. It's the one bit of information they purposely chose to leave out of this FAQ, and the only part of all of this that I care about.
    7arami, Nessirfiti and Yinla like this.
  18. Zansobar Augur

While I do understand the issues /yell creates as you specified, one of the things I cannot give up when playing EQ is the ability to help other players I am not grouped with. I'm not talking PL, I'm talking random acts of kindness. I've met a lot of people in my time via those interactions.
  19. Zansobar Augur

I play alts on TLPs, in fact, three out the four people I play with do so also and don't box.

Small sample size but I'm sure we aren't alone.
    Zrender likes this.
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Does that mean I can log onto test and try to train people to test it?
    7arami likes this.