(VP) Veeshan's Peak Key Changes Request

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Leorium, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

All I need to get into Sleepers Tomb is a dragon medallion from a raid, ring of flight from a friendly mage, and an invisible and ant potion bought in Rivervale

All I need to get into VP is 9 medallion pieces spanning over weeks to obtain and a cat of nine-tails to flog myself daily, for similar if not inferior loot.

Fix this. It is stupid. Either put the whole medallions on raid drops or make VP loot the best uber gear in the game, all the way into PoP.
    Kaenneth and Crabman like this.
  2. Schwifty Journeyman

It's a simple concept, TLPs have a reduced time to complete but have timers that were tuned to the original game. An obvious problem with an obvious fix.
    Use the ratio of unlock time to original expansion time as a guide to reduce timers. If an expansion was live for 12 months before the next expansion came out, but the TLP expansion lasts 1 month, reduce the timers to 1/12th of their original time - 24 hr timers become 2 hr, 4 hr timers become 20 minutes, a 20 minute timer becomes a 1 minute 40 second timer, etc.
    Excruciator_Test likes this.
  3. Spacemonkey555 Augur

They don't just put timers on everything without reasons, the timers are to keep people coming back at a frequency that straddles the line between burnout and disengagement. You may not personally like the timers they set, but they aren't targeting you, they're targeting what they think is the sweet spot to retain the most subs for the longest time. If a TLP is "raid until you drop" because there's always a valid target off lockout some will grind it til 3 am, but many will either quit to get some free time or fall behind and just not even try to catch up. Same for the live servers, if you could raid 9 raids 7 times a week, it would kill most guilds about a month into the expansion. Same for the type 5 aug missions, overseer, your 500 darkpaw cash every month, etc, all designed to keep you logging in on a schedule. There's always alts if you really insist.

The only possible alternative considering the corporate ownership is something DPG's parent already sells in some of their games, pay to win raid timer resets. If you're really, really unlucky, you'll get your wish of more frequent raiding, but I guarantee it won't be a free timer reduction like you're asking for.
    Koniku likes this.
  4. Ruhi Augur

Ground spawns were changed to 92 minutes on agnaar, then changed again at some point (i dont recall) to spawn as colorful crystals instead of the generic sack item and added random spawn locations when it used to be static. I'm not sure if they decreased the spawn timer from 92 minutes.

The ground spawns are the worst part of the quest.
    Schwifty and Zrender like this.
  5. Schwifty Journeyman

You clearly didn't understand. The timers were created back in 99, 00, 01, etc., whenever the encounters were first created, not for TLP servers. The solution for me is not to resub again this year. The devs are as oblivious as your reply
  6. Koniku Elder

Do we even know when the first vp clear was? How did people discover the quest/convince enough others to do it to clear the dragons? Wheres our historians at
  7. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

Looking to see if there are any updates regarding this per chance.
  8. Go Take A Nap Augur

I dont think we should be handed the key. Some level of "earning it" is nice. I agree with a previous poster that the ground spawns should be random drop from highest level mobs in the zone. Similar to the scavenger hunt collects. I also like the idea of having the key mobs have a chance to drop "any medal" , like they did on mischief. That really helped.

I agree with the relevance of VP loot being incredibly small. This makes it real easy to skip VP entirely and not mess with the headache. It certainly isnt worth it if your guild has limited time/resources. In past guilds that were 2 night a week raiders we spent potential VP nights just finishing everyones epic before Velious launch. Epics are better than most the weapons from VP, there is a silly amount of trash weapons too, and only 2-3 niche armor items worth carrying in Velious era.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Would also love to see VP key changes done similar to VT allowing other NPCs in the same zone to drop the item while TLPs are in the Kunark era.
  10. Zansobar Augur

It's going to be even worse on Oakwynd due to the AoC unlocks being character based. Hence many people will be needing the key on multiple upon multiple alts.
  11. Slapco Fud New Member

Ideally you'll do the key once, click in and then stick it in your shared bank for your alts.
  12. HealBigBoy Journeyman

Nothing more toxic than the VP key
    KronoCatcher likes this.
  13. Arclyte Augur

VP key will suck even if it is heirloom
  14. Valv Journeyman

Epics
    VP
    Spirit Wracked Cord

This is all anyone wants out of kunark and the bottlenecks on them make the era not fun on tlps, please fix