Lag Issues

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Igorath-Bertox, Apr 8, 2023.

1. Igorath-Bertox Elder

My netstat (in game F11) is reporting 300-800ms response time since the Wednesday patch. Its making some things a bit iffy especially during fights. Am I the only one?
  2. Strawberry Augur

do a speedtest https://www.speedtest.net

you can find the ip address of EQ servers with the netstat command-line and ping them if you really want

300ms is still playable, 800ms is really bad
  3. Igorath-Bertox Elder

Well locally, as thats all i seem to be able to test via them, I have a 10ms idle, 194ms download, and 64ms upload latency... no idea what they mean cause the game is currently at 490ms range. Its gotta be that damn patch.
  4. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

I'm on bertox also, ping has been fine since the patch (~70ms, normal for east to west coast). Those speedtest pings should be about much, much lower unless you manually selected a server on the other side of the world. Something is wrong with your connection.. routing, flooded by something else on local network, etc.

Run a trace route to bertox.everquest.com (i use an old version of pingplotter to log, the new versions are trial based and probably have nag screens). If the first hop is laggy, then it's on you. Hops 2/3/4 are generally ISP issues, beyond that is how you're routed to the EQ server farm.

Also, Windows has a built in tool (tracert command line), but I'm not familiar enough with it to help (i'm sure others can).
    Rijacki likes this.