Fear beyond 70th level?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Agrippa, Apr 9, 2023.

1. Agrippa Augur

Good day! I rather foolishly took the autogrant with my bard, but I'm seeing that his intimidate skill works completely differently now. At some point, his intimidation skill stopped working to cause the mobs to "flee in terror." Instead, it appears to have become a basic debuff that looks to increase the effectiveness of his kicks. It looks like it might also stun(?) the mob, too? Or, at least, cause it to pause briefly.

I've taken a closer look at several of the limited classes that I do have and I haven't seen any fear spells above the mid-60s. All of the spells, at least, that several classes had did cause the mobs to "flee in terror" up through those levels. I had thought that my necromancer's fear storm AA caused the mobs to "flee in terror," but at 90th level now, it doesn't work that way.

I understand mob immunity, so my questions here aren't related to that at all. I'm wondering, though, if *any* class has any spells and/or abilities beyond 70th level that will cause the mobs to "flee in terror?" I understand that it's not ideal for any number of areas or scenarios, but was fear kiting completely done away with as a tactic for mid to high levels?
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Yes it changes to a fear-stun (SPA 502) at level 70 for bards.

Intimidation II
    Target: Single
    Resist: Magic -1000
    Hate: 200
    1: Stun and Fear for 10s up to level + 3

Yes fleeing in fear spell effects (SPA 23) are generally capped at level 65 with necro AA capping at level 69. SPA 502 was introduced to continue to provide an ability to remove NPC from combat without creating trains.

Although blind spells are nearly all low level too, blind (SPA 2) is still effective at inducing an NPC to flee at any level. Rogue AA Ligament Slice includes blind up through the highest rank at level 120.

ps: I've occasionally used blind to reverse kite raid bosses e.g. during wipe recoveries. Funny times.
    Rijacki, Agrippa and Quatr like this.
  3. Agrippa Augur

@Wulfhere: Thank you for the detailed explanation!
    Wulfhere likes this.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Btw fear-immune mobs are immune to both of these SPA.
  5. Vhivi Elder

SPA-what? Care to define what that means?
    Koshk likes this.