Big Quest Bug: Cannot complete the step because the npc is not taking the item.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mishakaal, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Mishakaal Journeyman

Breakdown in Communication #10 Qvic

Reward is not given to me by the npc after completing a major step in the quest line.

The npc completed the trade with Shard of Dark Matter but gave me back my item and did not reward me with the Condensed Matter Shard. Says trade completed in chat. I got all the items to finish steps #10 - #14

Please help me get my Dark Matter Gemstone of Torture! I put so much effort into that quest! :)
    Best regards,

GM Spoom replied and told me to post here to get it debugged.
    Game Master (Daybreak Games)
    Apr 7, 2023, 2:49 PM PDT
    Greetings,

I wanted to get back to you regarding your troubles with what may very well be a bugged or malfunctioning mechanic within EverQuest. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you today. Please be sure to submit a bug report at https://everquest.com/bugs, so that our team can look into the issue further. During this time, CS is unable to manually adjust your issue for immediate correction, as this will need to be looked into by our team.

EverQuest Official Forums provide patch update notes, under the Game Update Notes (Live) section. As the timeline of bug fixing can vary, we are unable to provide any ETA's for reported bugs and encourage players to check back in the future using our boards. We highly appreciate your understanding and if you have any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
  2. Mishakaal Journeyman

3. Mishakaal Journeyman

Can you please give me my Dark Matter Gemstone of Torture? If needed, remove my items for the quest but I got all the stuff for the completion. I think that could be an alternative solution please. I put so much effort and time into this quest! :)
  4. Mishakaal Journeyman

Problem solved: I found out with the help of my guild mate that i was missing a hail or flag from the npc... i went through cross referencing 3 guides to figure out one word i did not say to Beanalle Banoam!!!

YES ... not a npc dialogue blue word in the text prompt but i redid all of them and now i got it! :)
    Yinla and Beimeith like this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Qvic is Quest 11.

You must complete everything in Quests 0-10 before you can do the turn in for Qvic.
  6. Mishakaal Journeyman

That was done already. The thing i did not see or do was the final text prompt that wasn't an npc dialogue key word (Not in blue). Which i think many other s missed as well. He was asking the question and the answer was YES.

You say, 'What item?'

Beanalle Banoam says 'Why, your stone of course. The different items you have added to it have altered its makeup so much that it is hardly what it was when you first received it. It is a powerful item that can be made even more powerful with my help and yours, but this will require the help of many and I am afraid we do not have the force to take on such a task. Do you think you would be willing to collect the four shards of power from the temples and bring them to me as you get them?'

>>> > > You say, 'YES.' <<<<<<

Beanalle Banoam says 'Excellent! I knew Fezbin was right about you. Okay, here is what I can tell you. Qvic, Inktu'ta, Txevu, and Tacvi are the names of the temples beyond Yxtta and Kod'Taz. Within each of these you should find a shard of power. The hard part will be finding one as the Muramites are aware of the power within them and are hoarding every piece they find. If my theory is correct, you will have to combine the shards in a particular order before the stone will become attuned with another. You should retrieve the shards from the temples in the order I said before -- Qvic, Inktu'ta, Txevu, and Tacvi. Give each shard to me one at a time so that I can remove and condense the magic for you and then you can combine them in the special sealer. Now, hurry! I am worried that the leader of the Muramites may realize he needs to get rid of these shards, before we can get our hands on them.'

If you ever get stuck in this quest at step 10-11... MAKE SURE you say the key word : YES at the endIt's not a text prompt/npc dialogue key word in blue. Beanalle Banoam must have the answer to his question in the final prompt to continue the quest!!! I got locked out for hours until one of my guildmates suggested that i reviewed all the hails and flags on the ship until i made it work. I cross-referenced the key words with 3 guides from

https://www.eqprogression.com/breakdown-in-communication-bic-quest-gates-of-discord/quest-11/
    https://www.lazaruseq.com/Wiki/index.php/BiC_Augment#QUEST_11:_.22QVIC
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2881