Where is the TLP announcement?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by zenless, Apr 2, 2023.

1. zenless Journeyman

Isnt it usually announced by april?
  2. Sinjax Darknasty New Member

I am guessing within a week or so.
  3. Baulkin Augur

I'm guessing it will be the producers letter this week. That's pure speculation
  4. UltrawideGameGuy New Member

I, too, cannot wait to be disappointed again.
    Skuz and Xanathol like this.
  5. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Probably the 11th.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My money is on this week...maybe Thursday
  7. Brildon Augur

Maybe if we make 10 more threads about them announcing the rulesets they'll post it sooner :rolleyes:

Also Vaniki/Yelinak was announced April 7th, 2022.
  8. Faydra Augur

I'd imagine this week before Easter.
  9. Trevalon Augur

Id bet its Friday at 4pm, ya know, less chance of an incident that way...
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure why you think that as people are going to react the same regardless and the forums appear to be less moderated during the weekend.
  11. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

They haven't announced yet because it was supposed to be a personal loot server but the heat from EQ2 made them rethink. they are scrambling for an idea.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is just what people are speculating and there is no evidence to support that yet. As they have said it will be announced in early April and that was said before the issues with personal loot happened on Everquest 2
  13. Zansobar Augur

I expect they will announce this Thursday like they did last year. That gives them a few more days to decide what ruleset they are going to implement.
  14. Moforyguy12345 Augur

I never played EQ 2 before but why in the world would they think personal loot is ever a good thing? If it was in EverQuest then there would be hardly any social interaction needed. Takes a lot away from the game experience that many are nostalgic for.
  15. Vindar Augur

I'm sure some exec in a suit thought it was a great idea because they saw it work in other games.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Ddezul Augur

Sort of like buying drops from 128 boxers for krono?

welcome to yelinak.
    ChantingBard likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thursday would seem to fit the typical EQ Dev-Team Modus-Operandi, last day before a multiple day holiday drop a big announcement then run for cover & let the forum regulars chew the fat and the trolls burn it to the ground & by the time they come back they pick over the still-smoldering corpse & assess the fall-out.
  18. Delacroix Journeyman

Oh mah god Thursday??? That is almost MAY!
    Sabra likes this.
  19. Lineater Augur

If we're talking a personal loot system a la Diablo or Destiny (everyone in the group gets their own loot drop after a kill), social interaction would be positively affected. It would add a major incentive to group and decrease toxicity and camp drama in general.

That's what I envision when I hear "personal loot system" anyway. What are you picturing and why would it hurt the social experience?
    ChantingBard likes this.
  20. Skippymcbutterpants New Member

It helps to have an early announcement to use PTO at work and just have fun.