Under Siege, easiest NoS type 5 currency farm.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sokon, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Sokon Augur

Question: What do you have to do to make this mission the easiest mission to farm currency in NoS?
    Answer: Stop The Advance

Full details of everything you need to know to do the mission this way(as seen in video) are talked through as the event is happening.
    If you are still farming currency for type 5's for alts or perhaps only doing the Shadow Haven mission; with enough DPS, Under Siege in fact is: EASIER.

side note: another video was also uploaded today about swapping out inventory gear without opening bags or inventory window. Making it easy to swap out belts or evolving items with different effects using a just hotbar buttons.

Check it out(if this video helps you, please like and subscribe, thanks):
    minimind likes this.
  2. Zvenn Just an old monk

one could argue the video method is the hardest way possible to do this event hehe...just set up where all the mobs spawn behind the golems, burn it down right off the rip, event takes 90 seconds tops
    Sokon likes this.
  3. Sokon Augur

Nice! From what I've seen most people have found much harder ways however.

One can argue about anything these days(edited your quote), no matter how strong they state something or how wrong they are!
  4. Zvenn Just an old monk

very true hehe
  5. minimind The Village Idiot

I three-box a warrior, shaman, and berserker with 2 cleric mercs and a rogue merc (pure vanilla, 2 monitors, etc.). The zerk is raid geared, the warrior and shaman are group geared.

I tried boxing this event using the "leap behind the golems" method and merc movements would get them launched which screws everything up. I think the method shown by the OP is far superior for my capabilities and I'm going to try it out.

My only concern is the legitimacy of the strategy. Normally, you have to kill two pairs of adds and then the named. With this method, the second group of adds never engages and I'm not sure that is 100% "intended". I'm not going to call it exploitative, but I also wouldn't be surprised if a Dev sees this and makes a change in a future patch so that the second pair of named engages prior to the named.
  6. Alnitak Augur

4 akhevans (2 at a time) with 70'ish mln HP each, then the boss (average to NoS) with about 220 mln HP with the alien add (no need to kill it, can just offtank). At the 6 minute mark since the start of the combat the shade adds start spawning (not sure if it is timed or missed-emote spawn, because I always ignore emotes).
    About 1.4 mln group dps treshold. Nothing remarkable these days.
    I do it with 2 pet classes (MT and offtank) and burn the boss in the finale. Once you know how to deal with golem auras it is simple tank-and-spank mission, in the same lineup as Cactiki, Griklor, Zlandicar, Shei, Doors missions.
  7. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I box 4 mages. With 4 mages and 2 mercs in missions I need space to move around or the mobs will clobber my mercs or one of my mages. So I do this vastly different than the video in the OP. I perfected the way I do it so it's about as easy as you can get for me. Without a PC tank, you sometimes need a different strategy.

Since I need space to move my team around I let the golems and the first 2 mobs get about half way. My main I keep hidden so she doesn't get hit and gets aggro. When the mobs get half way, I take my main and run up to the inactive mobs and coth my team. Now I' m behind the golems and the 2 target mobs. I send my tank pet in and pull one of them close to the group and kill it. The other one hangs back with the golems. When I kill the first one the other one comes in for the fight. Same as the first, burn it down.

The next 2 become active and I go full burn on these. (except the pet burn and host of elements, I save these for the named)) These 2 mobs die usually die quickly, as long as I have control of them. Hence the reason I need space to move my team around to a safe spot.

After they die I run into the aura and get booted back to the cat horde. I hit coth to make sure all my mages and mercs are with me. The named eventually makes it's way to me and I kill it. I stand off to the side so I can see the tegi mob when it comes. If I ignore it, it ignores the pet pile that's teaching the named mob a lesson and will attack one of my mages or a merc. So I corral it when it's close to the pile and continue to burn the named down. The named is usually at about 10% when the tegi decides to help. It couldn't get much easier for me.